Sustainability and Food Safety NTD 46-523
Corporation Hussmann Corporation
Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
AJE Ref #
Since 1906, Hussmann has been helping retailers
preserve and display fresh foods. Today Hussmann is a world leader in
manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and
refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world. Hussmann serves a
wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include
supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug
stores, and foodservice establishments.
Hussmann creates value for
customers in the areas of merchandising, food safety, shelf live extension,
sustainability and the life cycle value. Hussmann is focused on addressing
the needs of its customers, providing solutions that provide superior value
for their business. Job Description
As the Leader, Sustainability & Food Safety NTD you will:
- Manage Sustainability
& Food Safety New Technology Development team (Innovation Centers) from
innovation concepts to commercial readiness by engaging cross-functional
subject matter experts and ensuring an early assessment and resolution of
technical and market risks.
- Understand market drivers, legislative requirements, and customer needs.
- Assess technical and market maturity and risks.
- Facilitate the generation of multiple solutions to meet business
- Lead the process to select the best merchandising solutions in line with
- Capture the knowledge generated and archive to strengthen core
- Manage a data driven system where all elements of creating, communicating,
and commercial readiness work together in synergy. Innovation engineering
must be reliable and repeatable across the areas of Food Integrity and
Properties, Renewable Components used in Hussmann products,
and Emerging Trends of food and industry requirements.
- Leverage internal and external technical experts to develop innovative
ideas that will generate patent opportunities and sustainable competitive
advantage in our core and adjacent markets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gain Market and Customer insights and
develop a 10 year Sustainability and Food Safety Technology Roadmap by
Innovation Center discipline.
- Drive the deployment of new technologies into product platforms that will
improve cost profile per functional requirements.
- Identify and prioritize the needs to develop technology solutions in line
with strategic product plans.
- Manage Hussmann Sustainability and Food Safety New Technology Roadmaps,
Intellectual Property application and attainment and infringement protection
for the company, Hussmann Sustainability Innovation Center technical
engineers, New Technology readiness levels for all Sustainability innovations
to meet our Customerís NPD, Hussmann Food Safety standards, and Hussmann
Environmental Impact calculation methods for all product lines.
- 10+ years Engineering
- Bachelors degree in an
Engineering discipline. Masters degree
- Proven track record of successful new technology development and have
demonstrated and proven technical and business leadership.
- Strong influencing ability combined with an analytical and commercially
If you share our passion
for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people,
economies and societies operate-then you belong with Hussmann. Hussmann is
committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.