Associate Food Technologist-LIT00240 – Lititz, PA
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate produces premium quality chocolate, compound and cocoa products that have been manufacturing for over 100 years. Its innovative product line serves the needs of the confectionery, bakery, food manufacturing, and dairy markets throughout North America.
The Associate Food Technologist position at Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate includes preparation of prototypes and work on special projects to meet specific customer needs. Create and formulate new products to support customer needs, including product innovation. Apply knowledge of chocolate industry equipment, processes and tools to all aspects product development. Apply knowledge of cocoa butter, chocolate, and compound ingredients. Work with milk ingredients, whey powder, non fat dry milk, Casein and Skim Milk powder in confectionary applications, chocolate liquor processing and cocoa bean origin blending to make dark chocolate, cookie drops, chips and chunks. Work with lauric and non-lauric oils as used in ice cream coatings as well as eutectics. Utilize relevant databases, notebooks, tracking systems, and applications. Comply with Cocoa & Chocolate Safety and Food Safety programs (HACCP, ISO, FSSC) procedures and protocols.
· 40% Coordinate, design, conduct product development projects for customers.
· 20% Formulas and product development: Write formulas for development of new products and improvement of existing products.
· 10% Conduct physical and sensory analysis on chocolate, compound, cocoa powders and finished products as required.
· 10% Coordinate plant scale up activities working in conjunction with Production.
· 10% Assist in: Management for cocoa powder applications, stock reference powders, and customer samples; Logging of new projects and maintenance of assigned projects in Master Project Tracker; Maintaining ISO Manual for Product Development Department.
· 5% Promote use of Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate North America products in North America by maintaining knowledge of industrial sectors in which we operate.
· 5% File invention disclosures, patent disclosures where applicable, protect intellectual property.
· Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or relevant science related field
· Good computer skills
· Good oral, written and listening communication skills
· Good organizational skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Food industry experience (including internships)
· Lab experience in a food manufacturing facility
· 2+ years experience in a related position
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org