R&D Food Technologist II – Omak, WA
Job Title: R&D Food Technologist II
Reports to: R&D Director
Location: Omak, WA
FLSA code: Exempt
About the Company
SunOpta Inc. is an operator of high-growth ethical businesses, focusing on integrated business models in the natural and organic food and natural health markets.
About the Division
The SunOpta Healthy Snacks Division manufactures both Natural/Organic nutrition bars that are distributed throughout North America and in many regions in the world. SunOpta produces products for retail partners under their Private Brand labels and also co-manufacture for some of the most recognizable brands in the North American marketplace.
The Food Technologist will be responsible for the development of new products and adaptation of existing formulas to meet customer requirements and specifications. Products include fruit preparations and related products for food bars dairy, bakery, and specialty applications.
· Develop products from conception to production that meets customers specifications and needs.
· Manage and complete assigned research & development projects within specified timelines.
· Develop products within cost parameters as required.
· Responsibilities include formulation, bench top cook-up, flavor and color application.
· Oversee pilot and start-up batches, adapting formulas and processes as required.
· Conduct function and/or sensory evaluation on new ingredients, flavors and finished products, including shelf studies.
· Complete required commercialization documents and enter production formulas and process procedures in the Oracle system.
· Establish product specifications on new products and update as needed.
· Develop nutritionals on Genesis Program and update as needed.
· Develop and update product labeling information.
· Ensure new products are in compliance with all regulations and certifications.
· Complete and submit documentation for organic, gluten free, and other certifications as required.
· Provide product information and technical support to customers.
· Complete product specifications on customer web based sites with all required product information.
· Gain and share technical knowledge keeping informed of new technologies, ingredients, products and processes.
· Effectively communicate and provide technical support to Sales, Quality Assurance and Production departments.
· Work with Procurement to source new quality and cost effective ingredients and complete documentation including specifications on new raw materials.
· Work with R&D, QA, production personnel on products and processes as needed.
· Effectively communicate with R&D manager on projects.
· Other duties assigned by R&D Manager
Knowledge experience and/or skill in:
· Food Science
· Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related preferred
· 2 - 5 years of experience in product development.
· Experience in fruit snacks, protein meal bars, natural/organic healthy snacks.
· Knowledge of regulatory, organic and kosher requirements
· Formulations skills
· Organoleptic abilities
· Strong organization skills and good follow-up
· PC proficient in Windows based applications.
· Knowledge of Oracle, Genesis programs a plus
· Communicate effectively
· Multi-task and prioritize varied duties
· Good interpersonal and team work abilities
· Positive attitude
· May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
· Able to climb stairs.
· Some exposure to cold temperatures, equipment and chemical hazards
Omak, Washington, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org