Quality Assurance Manager – Dallas, TX
POSITION: Quality Assurance Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Technical Services
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
GENERAL SCOPE: Provide leadership and technical direction while supervising Quality Control Department for an innovative and entrepreneurial food processing plant. A high degree of autonomy is provided and expected within the organization. Many decisions and ideas are implemented with minimal bureaucracy. The Quality Assurance Manager works collaboratively with other plant management while directing process and specification adherence. Outstanding communication and organizational skills are required for team leadership and occasional (but critical) customer interaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervises production process guaranteeing all products meet specifications.
· Reviews and audits plant procedures and practices for compliance with company procedures, customer specifications and GMPs.
· Maintain Quality Control audits as required.
· Implement, plan and rigorously maintain food safety, sanitation and quality programs.
· Keep up with and inform management of changes within the industry and identify new opportunities.
· Investigate, review and follow up on customer complaints.
· Work closely with Research and Development team providing detailed technical support.
· Work closely with Plant Operations Manager to resolve compliance and procedural issues.
· Ensure quality team maintains compliance and adheres to commitment to safety in the workplace.
· Facilitate an environment that is focused on manufacturing high quality and technically innovative products.
· Proactively manage quality team to meet quality goals while also meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
· Responsible for effective hiring, training, and development of team members. Champion attendance policy and ensure performance evaluations keep people informed, maintain open communication and provide honest performance feedback with direction.
· Strengthen team through training, mentoring and selection.
· 3-5 years of small team supervisory experience in a small to medium size food processing plant.
· Bachelor Degree in Food Science (or equivalent experience).
· 5+ years experience with, and complete understanding of, QC programs and systems.
· Proven skill and success at developing a quality team to stimulate progress and meet growth objectives.
· Practical understanding of Microbiology.
· Ability to read and understand detailed documents and technical manuals.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
· Hearing Protection
· First Aid
· Strong work ethic
· Sets vision, focus, manages culture of high performance—leads with passion
· Self-reliant and confident
· Dedicated/loyal to company
· Up-beat/can-do attitude
· Team player—cares about those around him/her
· Ability to mentor, train and support team members
· Unquestionable integrity
· Hands-on leader
· Disciplined problem solver; effective at leading team solutions.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Good listener
· Actively works to ensure messages are understood by all team members.
· Resolves conflict through open communication
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to build effective working relationships
· Skilled at motivating others
· Relates well without regard to level.
· Flexible/Open minded
· Inquisitive and passionate about the product being manufactured
· Patient, willing to provide guidance and support to help others work through and understand new concepts and procedures.
**Please contact Jorgen Bang or Allison Sherwood at 509-922-8554 or submit resume to email@example.com
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org