Food Scientist - Medina,
Medina, OH 44256
Manufacturing - Other
Food and Beverage Production
2+ to 5 Years
This position, under limited supervision will be responsible for developing
complex formulas, processing procedures, and specifications for new
products, product enhancement, and cost reduction products with in a USDA
facility. The incumbent will also provide advanced technical support to
Marketing, Sales, Operations, Culinary, and external customers.
• Develops experimental formulas, processing procedures, and specifications
for raw ingredients, subassemblies, and finished products for new product,
product improvement, and cost reduction.
• Organizes and manages test runs and commercialization of experimental
• Design, validate or modify experimental formulas and processing
procedures to develop final specifications for the production of finished
products and ensure reproducibility.
• Works with team members to ensure successful start-ups of new products,
product improvement, cost reduction, ingredient, formula, specification, or
• Evaluates, confirms acceptability, and implements proposed ingredients or
process for Supplier Optimization.
• Provides advanced technical solutions to production issues. Documents all
work according to established procedures and guidelines.
• Will assist in managing food technicians daily work load to assure best
utilization of resource and meeting aggressive sample turn around times.
• Manages technical programs and resource requirements for major
• Generates product information including specifications, nutritional
sheets and allergen information; sources ingredients; collaborates with
co-packers and create dry blends for use in finished products
• Travels to key customers for menu and product ideation
of a BS degree in Food Science or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred or
a Culinary Degree with a strong technical / product development background.
Apply online - click here