Food Technologist - Michigan
" Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field OR
equivalent experience. ( Master's preferred )
" Three (3) to five (5) years experience in an R&D
" Computer proficient
Daily / Weekly / Irregular
1. Supervise and conduct R&D tests as assigned and approved
2. Evaluate results of tests and recommend next steps.
3. Trouble Shoot production opportunities as they arise.
4. Maintain R & D conformance to business plan &
5. Develop processes and products as required.
6. Complete and submit reports as required.
7. Conduct R&D within budget and time constraints.
Position requires a person who is strong in practical and
technical skills in the field of new product and process
development for all products. Must have the ability to
integrate their technical strengths with creativity in new
product development and process design. Requires the ability to
direct and handle multiple tasks at one time. It is essential,
that the person have the ability to communicate the department
mission and objectives in a clear and persuasive manner.
Requires the ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and
the ability to resolve conflict with minimal assistance.
Essential Duties Functions
1. Take all measures to ensure distributor / customer total
2. Supervise and perform the daily projects assigned by
3. Ensure all new associates are properly trained and
understand all processes.
4. Exercises good leadership and communication skills.
5. Help build and maintain an effective R & D team.
6. Communicate effectively with all customers (internal and
7. Keep accurate records on all tests that are being performed.
8. Ensure all department requirements & Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP's) are met.
9. Actively participate in research, justification and
implementation involved in long range planning of the
department and product lin
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to