Kellogg Company is looking for a Food Safety Technician at the Cary, NC
This person will contribute support to Production for the Quality
testing of finished products, raw materials, packaging materials,
providing training, methods, specifications, targets, equipment
calibration and supplies. Audits processes, records and methods.
Provides support for solving product quality and food safety issues,
processes and product improvements.
1. Assures and records the proper working order, calibration and
accuracy of equipment used to check the quality of finished products.
Audits the working order and documentation of checkweighers and metal
2. Provides supplies, specifications, worksheets, training and support
as required to personnel responsible for quality testing on the shop
3. Audits quality information generated by operators.
4. Samples and evaluates held product against standards assisting in
5. Maintains a safe working environment and accident free work record.
6. Assists in troubleshooting quality problems and implementing product
7. Sample and/or document incoming materials on arrival; check
certificates of analysis, kosher status, lot numbers, and quantities;
and test against standards. Accurately document and report test results
in a timely manner.
8. Makes determinations on acceptance or rejection of materials based
on testing, experience and consultation, when necessary, with
9. Ensures proper, current, approved laboratory, methods are used and
that test records, specifications, and kosher certifications are up to
10. Requisitions lab chemicals and supplies. Keeps accurate inventory
of all chemicals and M.S.D.S. files.
11. Prepares and conducts daily PES Quality review sessions,
documenting results, preparing reports and training employees in proper
12. Review of HACCP program and documentation.
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the worlds
leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods,
including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen
waffles, and meat alternatives. The Company's brands include Kelloggs®,
Keebler®, Pop-Tarts®, Eggo®, Cheez-It®, Club®, Nutri-Grain®, Rice
Krispies®, All-Bran®, Special K®, Mini-Wheats®, Chips Deluxe®,
Sandies®, Morningstar Farms®, Famous Amos® and Kashi®. Kellogg products
are manufactured in 18 countries and marketed in more than 180
countries around the world.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide
an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the
diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V