Food Safety Coordinator Job Opening – Organically Grown Company Clackamas, OR
Organically Grown Company, the Northwest’s Premier distributor of organic produce, is seeking a Food Safety Coordinator to be based its Clackamas facility. With warehouses in Portland and Eugene, Oregon, and Kent, Washington, OGC serves over 200 natural and fine foods stores and restaurants located throughout western Oregon and Washington, as well as retail and wholesale accounts in other western states and Canada. Check out our website at www.organicgrown.com to read about our commitment to organics and our sustainable business practices.
PRIMARY PURPOSE & SCOPE OF POSITION
· Primary purpose is to assist OGC growers in developing audited food safety programs; through field outreach, resource development and ongoing support.
· Lead development and assist implementation of HACCP practices for OGC facilities, focusing on packing, repacking and recall activities.
· Support Compliance activities by developing IT resources and performing backup duties.
· Provide Quality Assurance oversight in the ongoing development and maintenance of various product standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in on-farm evaluations of 2012 USDA S.C.B. Grant recipients
· Document and manage corrective action follow- through by growers in grant program
· Ongoing coaching and resource
advocacy for OGC growers
· Recruit and coach future USDA S.C.B Grant participants, while facilitating grant projects.
· Repack and overall handling of produce processes
o Process evaluation
o Sanitation SOP’s and process validation
· Facility / cooler risk analysis
o Process evaluation
o Sanitation SOP
o ‘s and process validation
o Work with GMP Coordinator to facilitate all 2nd & 3rd party audits
o Oversee effectiveness of all record keeping systems
o Lead coordination of recall activities
· Help manage all customer compliance requests and requirements
o Organic certification, Additional Insured, GTIN, GAP, GHP, etc.
· Review audits for high risk suppliers and items/OGC branded projects while developing criteria that validate this task.
· Help develop and implement IT resources (including software), define compliance procedures and train compliance personnel-as needed. Perform back-up compliance duties-as needed
· Oversee maintenance of OGC Packing Standards
· Oversee systems to assure proper internal storage and handling
· Assist in staff training and education in USDA inspection and grading standards
· Participate in on-farm packing processes-as needed
· Advise repack process on application of QA standards
· Provide ‘Sourcing focused’ supplier development and evaluation with sustainability metrics
Knowledge and Experience Qualifications
· Demonstrated supplier evaluation and advisory experience in the realms of; on-farm food safety, organic integrity, production and packing specifications, and sustainability metrics.
· Demonstrated ability to develop processes and build team support.
· The ability to work independently and remotely.
· The initiative to maintain current knowledge of industry developments.
· Clearly articulated and effective verbal and written communications.
· Demonstrated presentation skills.
· Knowledge of Organic production systems, varieties, shipping markets, postharvest handling, various food safety marketing agreements and audit systems.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
· Valid driver’s license.
Competency Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have demonstrated the following competencies:
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes your response to the questions listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position with OGC?
2. What is the most challenging work you have performed in your employment history?
3. Why might you want to work for OGC?
4. What is your current/target compensation level?
Thank you for your interest. Organically Grown Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com