Food Scientist – Baltimore, MD
60-75K salary but can go a little higher
SUMMARY: Key aspects
of this role include intellectual leadership, expansion of knowledge base,
management of projects, and effective interaction with customers.
Enable the overall success of the company by supporting all other functional
areas, in particular, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and
2. Plan and execute laboratory projects for specific customers as submitted by the sales team including but not limited to conducting a rheological analysis and checking the performance of a blend in a specific application, or developing an entirely new texture ingredient system.
3. Participate in and help to lead customer production trials that are focused on the implementation of a product.
4. Design and execute experiments in the lab or in the pilot plant to determine how specific hydrocolloids, or systems of hydrocolloids, behave in specific food systems.
5. Execute (and lead) activities around the implementation of the Texture Revolution program.
6. Provide in-house and external training to customers and universities on the science, technology and application of hydrocolloid systems.
7. Assist in a small innovation project, or part of a larger project, that is of a longer term nature.
8. Share in the various activities associated with providing problem solving information to the sales team and customers over the phone and internet.
9. Participate in an intensive internal and on-going training program on hydrocolloid science and technology that is administered by experienced staff.
10. Develop basic “infrastructure” knowledge to continuously improve the performance of the Tech Service team.
12. Supervise the day to day activities of at least one technician and/or technologist.
13. Participating in the ISO documentation and internal audit.
14. Following all company safety rules in performing job duties.
15. Performing other duties as assigned.
The position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science in Food Science or a related discipline. Work-related experience in product development and supervisory experience preferred. Current working knowledge of analytical and physical testing methodologies as well as knowledge of Broad scoping product development. Familiarity with current finished good processing techniques. 5 years of experience required; 10 preferred.
Are you looking for a company with science in its DNA?
Lab Support, a division of On Assignment, is a recognized leader in the scientific staffing industry. Since 1985, our sole focus has been to place scientific professionals at all career levels in contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire positions. With a reputation for one-to-one career counseling and a track record that includes the placement of over 200,000 scientists, Lab Support has built a reputation as one of the best in the business.
Lab Support is supported by a nationwide network of branches serving all major markets, international branches in Europe, relationships with leading scientific companies and over 25 years of experience.
For more information visit us online at labsupport.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com