Director of Technical Services - Saint Clair, MO
We are a leading, national brand manufacturer of edible vegetable oil products for the foodservice and food processing industries. This is a visible position in our organization that offers an opportunity for you to make an impact.
Purpose of Position:
Provide direction and oversee all technical matters of the Company including Research & Development, Quality Assurance, and Packaging Development. Manage and coordinate all new product development. This position will interact closely with Sales and have routine contact with the Company’s customers.
The Position includes:
· Directing and managing R&D, as well as QA, activities
· Ensuring compliance with regulations
· Overseeing the effective testing and measurements needed for product testing and scale up
· Collaborating with Production, R&D scientists and QA to establish processes required for plant test runs
· Managing and providing recommendations to Sr. Management regarding R&D laboratory capabilities, programs, policies and procedures
· Leading the development of new products
· Staying abreast of impending new regulatory requirements as they pertain to R&D and QA procedures
· Managing expenses related to R&D as well as QA
· Developing budgets for R&D, QA and for specific projects
· Inventing / formulating may occur or be required as part of this position
o Any new processes, formulations or improvements to existing processes or formulations will be the exclusive property of the Company
o Assist in making patent applications and assigns any and all rights to the Company
· Supervise 2 - 4 employeesin accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws
Knowledge of oils and fats chemistry. Broad knowledge in the area of food quality and safety, as well as in product testing for product development and research. Experience in both R&D and QA. Strong project management skills, facilitation skills and team-orientation are required.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Food Science or related field required. Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in food industry lab management, product development, R&D and QA roles.
20% - 30% Travel required
Excellent customer-service skills and the ability to understand and resolve technical issues, answer questions and gain customer confidence
Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures and state/federal government food laboratory regulations
Ability to effectively present information to Technical Services team, Sr. Management, Sales personnel and customers
Proficiency with Microsoft applications and ability to become proficient with other computer software
· Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and arms, talk and hear
· Occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
· Color vision and depth perception
We offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, on-site fitness center and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested individuals are requested to e-mail their resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com