· Identify opportunities to simplify and/or improve business process.
· Be the product quality expert for their division.
· Develop and maintain positive, productive relations with all guests, partner groups and operators. Ability to work with a large cross functional team and all levels of management.
· Responsible for the execution of all supplier and distribution quality programs.
· Provides comprehensive crisis management support to restaurant operations within their region.
· Serve as the “Center of Expertise” for QA/Food Safety topics for all restaurants.
· Work in conjunction with selected restaurants to provide technical training and successful implementation of operations team approved new product/process testing.
· Ensure that on-going/reevaluation of approved products and process are conducted.
· Serve as the “go to” person for all issues pertaining to Quality/Food Service topics.
· Be the expert in keeping the brand free from any possible food borne, food handling or quality issues.
· Monitors the Guest and Restaurant complaints, QA investigations, follow-ups with restaurants. Reports to determine trends and ongoing issues with suppliers.
· Conducts Food Safety Audits for restaurants. Presents operations management with an independent and factual appraisal of operational conditions to ensure that Romano’s Macaroni Grill standards are maintained.
a) Four reviews/audits annually in all restaurants within their division—Critique/Praise/Improve
b) Conduct unannounced Restaurant reviews to monitor cleanliness, sanitation, recipe adherence and maintenance of the facility, and overall guest satisfaction
c) Conduct Food Safety Audits to ensure the Brand policies, procedures and practices are in place, and executed appropriately
d) Follow-up with written communication that includes documentation of any practices that fall outside the “system” guidelines and timelines for cure process.
· Execute strategies for:
a) All inbound food quality
b) Food Safety and handling processes for restaurants.
Food Safety Training
· Ensure initial and ongoing Serve-Safe® certification for all members of management; serve as certified instructor where needed.
· Oversees the development of the “nest generation” of food safety systems and programs.
· Partners with operations to determine Food Safety Initiatives for restaurants, assists Culinary and Learning and Development teams with the development of training materials and provides support for Restaurants during implementation phase
Regulatory and Compliance Support
· Remain current in new products, equipment, safety guidelines, state requirements, etc. (through benchmarking and research) to continue to implement Best in Class programs to achieve and assure food safety in all restaurants.
· Monitors Federal and State regulatory food safety issues and communicates modifications and changes to the field.
· Provides technical expertise to assure Restaurant compliance with health regulations.
· Execute strategies for:
a) Measuring quality and food safety within the brand
b) Dealing with food safety issues (recalls, food borne illness, tampering)
c) Food Defense requirements through the supply chain . . . ensure dirt to door compliance with all vendors
d) Distribution standards and requirements
· Provides expertise in managing crisis activities including communication with restaurant operations, regulators, and the medical profession.
· Provides Crisis Management training in the prevention of food borne illness and communicable disease and food borne illness in the division.
· Manages high level activities and communications on product withdrawals and recalls
· Provides support and follow through on Restaurant related communicable disease and food borne illness evens with Risk Management.
Position Specific Skills and Requirements
1. Four-year college Food Science or Technical Degree required
2. Five to eight years experience in food service or manufacturing industry
3. Restaurant experience highly desirable
4. Comprehensive knowledge of: food manufacturing, USDA/FDA regulations, FDA Food Code, recall procedures
5. Industry knowledge of food manufacturers and processors abilities
6. Excellent teaching and coaching skills
7. Position requires tough mindedness
8. Travel will be required up to 75% of the time
9. Previous experience as a state or local community health inspector a plus
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com