SUNGAI PETANI: Eighty students of SK
Dalam Wang here were down with food poisoning Sunday, believed to have been
caused by nasi lemak taken during recess.
Kedah education director Shahidan Abdul
Rahman said the students who started vomitting and suffering from diarrhoea
at 10.30am were rushed to a nearby clinic before being sent to Sultan Abdul
Halim Hospital for futher treatment.
“Only one student was warded while the
others were given outpatient treatment and sent home.”
Shahidan said action would be taken
against the canteen operator if it was found that the food poisoning was
due to lack of hygiene. -- Bernama