Food Safety Specialist – Sacramento, CA
International - Sacramento, CA 94203
We are seeking a food safety auditor to conduct inspections and
audits at assigned client locations and determine compliance with
findings of inspections and audits. Ideal candidates would live in or
near the Sacramento, CA area.
1. Conduct retail food safety inspections/audits.
2. Summarize and evaluate inspection/audit findings.
3. Consistently interpret audit guidelines and score audits
4. Communicate findings/results of inspections/audits with client site
management or appropriate client personnel.
5. Collect food, product or environmental samples from client sites and
ship samples to appropriate laboratories for testing.
6. Develop effective work plans for the completion of assigned
inspections/audits within a determined timeframe.
7. Develop business by responding to inquiries, conducting introductory
visits, conducting seminars, and attending conferences in support of
NSF's business units (as authorized).
8. Support NSF's business units by assisting clients in the
identification of additional NSF services that may be beneficial.
9. Monitor and report client needs, service delivery issues, and
competitive threats to management team.
10. Investigate and resolve complaints. Establish and maintain effective
communication with FS&Q staff as it relates to assigned clients.
11. Perform other duties as requested.
1. Bachelor's degree in dietetics, nutrition, environmental health, food
science, food technology, hospitality or other related scientific areas
2. Two (2) years related work experience with food safety.
3. Ability to work independently from remote (home based) location.
4. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
5. Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
6. Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends
7. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and
8. Ability to obtain a profession registration (environmental health,
engineering, or related profession).
1. Advanced degree in environmental health, related science or business.
2. Experience with retail food safety inspections / audits.
3. A minimum of two (2) years experience working in the public or private
sector as a health sanitarian. and/or experience of working within retail
or catering businesses
4. Work experience as a chemist, microbiologist, or related quality
5. Professional registration.
6. Foreign language skills (Spanish, French or other languages).
1. Required frequent overnight travel.
2. Required to stand or walk for long periods of time.
3. Ability to travel by car or plane.
4. Extensive use of computers and other electronic equipment.
5. Moderate physical effort required (ability to carry equipment weighing
25 lbs or less).
6. Ability to follow client and regulatory required safety practices.
1. Majority of work is performed in a retail food (restaurant,
supermarket), catering, hospitality, food preparation environment or
other non-office setting.
2. Majority of time spend work independently from a remote location.
phone calls, faxes or postal mail please
NSF and its subsidiaries are EO/AA employers - we welcome and encourage
diversity in our workplace
NSF is a registered user of the E-Verify employment eligibility