R&D QA Director, Quality Food Safety Systems – Valhalla, NY
Date: Apr 5, 2013
Location: Valhalla, NY, USA
*This position can be located in NY, Dallas, TX or
· Lead & Administer local development and implementation of Quality and Food Safety Systems Assurance across the supply chain.
· Create, lead & administer effective implementation of local Quality and Food Safety Systems Assurance for Bottle, Can, Food Service (including Fountain), distribution, merchandising, and in-store execution against PepsiCo standards.
· Create and deliver appropriate Quality Assurance standards and specifications in collaboration with other R&D functions.
· Support PepsiCo's beverage businesses including Pepsi, Gatorade, Propel, Tropicana, Naked Juice, Dairy and the beverage nutrition platforms in the successful creation and local execution of a Global Quality System.
· Collaborate with business partners to create, develop, implement and administer global quality standards.
· Create, lead, develop, and administer quality systems audits designed to assess compliance to systems and standards at the sector/regional level.
· Support and help lead and administer a system of global metrics based on in-plant capability, food safety assessments and in-trade performance ensuring seamless execution of a global quality assurance process.
· In support of successful implementation of a global quality system, create and lead assessments of the local implementation at both Sector and Regional levels.
· Lead key quality systems and metrics activities in support of risk mitigation and business commercial needs.
· Successfully engage in highly complex problem-solving, for which there is little precedent in support of the quality goals of PepsiCo.
· In support of the commercialization of new beverages and platforms successfully generate and champion new ideas and initiatives leading to successful commercialization through the use of quality systems.
· Ensure your team is meeting all mandatory requirements of the PepsiCo Stage Gate process from Feasibility through Execution.
· Ensure your team is following the standardized work process for Quality Innovation.
· In support of the identification and use of quality and food safe ingredients identify/develop/implement appropriate standards, HACCP plans and Allergen requirements including storage, handling, sanitation and training for incoming vendor materials and PepsiCo products.
· Lead the development of systems of quality system and standards implementation assessments including but not limited to process capability, food safety, and service throughout the supply chain.
· In support of establishing specifications and standards you and your team to will be required to develop, write and publish specifications, standards and systems.
· In support of the commercialization process implement quality systems assurance audits of Manufacturing Control Plans and supporting Quality documents associated with the use of new ingredients and technology initiatives.
· In support of the quality and food safety agenda use appropriate statistical methods to define process capability for new and existing vendors along the supply chain in order to identify material variability, and manufacturing and/or process gaps in quality systems and standards implementation.
· In support of the quality and food safety agenda utilize Quality Tools such as Six Sigma, FMEA's, and Risk Assessments to facilitate development activities, identify potential issues/risks and formulate mitigation steps prior to commercialization.
· In support of commercialization review and advise global assessments of, co-packer, third party and vendor facilities to ensure compliance to established procedures, requirements and specifications for the use of new ingredients prior to launch.
· Bachelor's Degree in the Sciences or equivalent with an advanced degree a plus.
· Must have Multilingual skills with English and Spanish or Portuguese
· 8+ years demonstrated leadership in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Engineering, New Product Development, Manufacturing and/or R&D/Technical positions requiring successful interface with all these disciplines.
· Minimum 5 years' experience in an in-plant Quality role.
· Knowledge and experience in beverage processes including hot fill, high/low acid aseptic, dairy, and retorting.
· Demonstrated knowledge of packaging systems including PET/plastic bottles, aluminum/steel cans, glass, and aseptic package forms.
· Highly effective leadership, negotiation, influencing, motivational, coordination, and communication skills across a diverse global fast paced organization.
· Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with cross functional partners.
· Proven strategic leadership with ability to motivate teams.
· Ability to rally technical, functional, and business management support to enable new product objectives and goals.
· Skills in managing conflict and using data to drive decisions, even when unpopular.
· Strong emphasis on the following PepsiCo Leadership Competencies: Change Leadership, Motivation of Others, Collaboration, Communicating Productively, and Negotiation.
· Demonstrated ability to hire and build necessary resources and skill base for team success.
· Demonstrated ability to appropriately reward and recognize team's successes.
· Skills and practice of Six Sigma/statistics and process capability/FMEA.
· Experience identifying critical data and distill into business-focused technical recommendations.
· Demonstrated solid interpersonal skills in listening, coaching and communicating with integrity.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, knowledge of troubleshooting tools / techniques desired.
· Certification in Quality Engineering, Quality Auditing, and/or Six Sigma Black or Green Belt preferred.
· Must be willing and able to travel 20-30% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org