Quality Assurance Supervisor - Food Group Othello, WA(Job Id 1906)
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Quality Assurance Supervisor position available at our Food Plant in Othello, WA.
This position directs and coordinates all functions within the Plant Quality Assurance Department and oversees the auditing of Q.A. programs at the plant level. This position uses skills and knowledge to oversee the development of new equipment strategies as well as the development of extensions to existing line products. Statistical and processing knowledge are used to support all departments in the continued building of quality and production strategies. This position reports to the Plant Q.A Manager. Knowledge is required in the area of statistics, quality standards, production methods, microbiology, food safety, and budgeting and employee relations. May entail working early morning and/or night shifts.
• Assure USDA/FDA directives are followed
• Ensure compliance to state, federal, and local regulations.
• Facilitate and/or participate in developing, implementing, and maintaining quality assurance related programs such as HACCP, SSOP s, GMP s, PQC, SPC, etc.
• Dotted line responsibility for approximately 20 employees (QA technicians, Micro Technicians) in the monitoring and testing of a wide variety of ingredients and finished product.
• Execute programs, communicate effectively, anticipate and react to problems so as to minimize product loss or deviations from established standards.
• Supervise the maintenance of records and distribution of analysis information.
• Ensure that the interface with other support groups is conducted in a manner that is conducive with the operations goal.
• Conduct oneself in a professional manner and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function while representing the Company.
• Ensure that additional accountabilities, as may be required by management, are handled in a manner necessary to meet operational and Division standards.
• Supervise microbiology laboratory and interpret results. Responsible for lab safety.
• Coordinate plant and laboratory equipment calibration and certification programs.
• Maintain systems for checking and verifying process compliance, including, but not limited to: SPC, HACCP, Quality Systems, Formula Control, etc.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for meeting the minimum requirements.
• Degree in food science (or related discipline), chemistry, biology, or microbiology preferred.
• Three plus years related experience and/or training.
• Thorough knowledge of HACCP program and USDA SSOPs.
• Knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations. Also have basic knowledge of the budget process.
HOW TO APPLY
• Visit www.simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Current Opportunities
• Select All Open Positions
• Apply to Job #1906
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Please Note: When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience difficulty applying, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your interest.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com