Quality Assurance & Compliance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring
daily compliance with the SQF Standard including: supervising the cleaning
and sanitation of production areas; developing, maintaining, and
reviewing quality control records and procedures; performing internal
auditing; providing training for new employees in accordance with the SQF
Standard; controlling and establishing set procedures in sanitation,
production, and packaging of cheese and cream products in a safe manner
to ensure the product meets quality specifications set by the company to
fulfill customer specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and edit SSOPs, GMPs, and HACCP plans as needed.
- Conduct regular internal audits of the Food Safety (GMPs, HACCP) and
Quality Systems (SOPs, SSOPs, GMP, etc), to
identify weaknesses and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintenance and preparation of quality assurance laboratory.
- Supervise, develop, and train lab technicians on testing methodologies,
HACCP program, and other quality and food safety topics.
- Ordering of laboratory supplies, equipment, and parts.
- Address daily issues in the plant related to product quality
non-conformance, quality problems on the line, raw material quality
- Investigate consumerís complaints and raw material non-compliances,
plan and implement corrective actions.
- Conduct regular mock recalls and/or participate in real recall
- Product processing and sample preparation.
- Documentation of lab results and data storage.
- Sample shipping.
- Support of non-QA/QC groups such as Production, Corporate, and
- Manage microbiological testing on finish product, raw materials, and
- Manage the Hold & Release of finish product.
- Assist in completing non-conformance investigations.
- Review production and quality records for verification.
- Assist in audit preparation.
- Prepare and assist all external audits and regulatory
inspections/audits, respond to audits; plan/implement corrective actions.
- Conduct employee training programs in English and Spanish (GMP, HACCP,HAZCOM, etc.)
- Perform additional testing on finish product as needed.
- Monitor quality of milk and cream.
- Audit and monitor employees and facility compliance to GMPís and HACCP
- Conduct new employee orientation and training (GMP, Company Policies, PPE etc).
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Food Science, or related
- Prefer Masters Degree in Biology,
Microbiology or Cell Biology.
- Knowledge of the SQF Standard.
- 2+ years of laboratory experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of computers including but not limited to Microsoft office
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Food Safety and Quality Training.
- Cleaning and sanitation experience.
- Think critically.
- Employ basic Mathematics and Chemistry.
- Employ the Scientific Method in problem solving.
- Coordinate Logistics with regard to deliverables and schedules.
- Develop and rapidly deploy alternative logistical plans.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of groups and technical
- A willingness to work in a lab and plant setting.
- A strong eye for detail.
- Superior planning skills.
- Good communication skills.