Compliance Supervisor-1401157 - Walton, NY
Kraft Foods Group, Inc., the nation's premier food company, has an excellent opportunity for an individual with a high level of initiative and drive to succeed at our dairy facility located in Walton, NY. As an integral member of our staff this position would report to the Quality Systems Manager.
POSITION TITLE: Quality Compliance Supervisor
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Quality Systems Manager
The statements included in this Position Description reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive.
Describe the broad function and scope of the position: The Quality Compliance Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the plants Quality systems to ensure compliance to Kraft policies, regulatory, federal, and state laws. Assists in the identification and achievement of facility Quality KPI's through appropriate corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement initiatives. Leads all internal and external auditing activities and follow-up. Acts as the site QCMS/FSSC, net contents and HACCP coordinator. Maintains and insures compliance to Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO) regulations. Provides Quality support/resources for major commercialization projects and assists in new quality system and program implementation.
Describe the essential functions of the position
1. Serves as site HACCP Coordinator. Responsible for site HACCP plans. Insures all plant trials and product/process commercializationís have appropriate HACCP plans in place. Responsible for leading a cross functional team during annual HACCP verification and bi-annual HACCP validation. Reviews daily HACCP deviations and follow-up. Responsible for training team members on CCPs and SPPs and updating associated documentation.
2. Acts as site QCMS/FSSC Coordinator. Monitors and maintains plant QCMS program by complying with current Kraft and FSSC Standards and ensuring all internal procedures, processes are accurate and performing to expectations. Owns internal audit program to insure compliance and system improvements. Trains and mentors site auditors to meet audit goals.
3. Oversees key Quality and Regulatory programs including HACCP, weight control, kosher requirements, and compliance testing to insure compliance to Kraft and regulatory requirements.
4. Manages all internal and external inspections/regulatory visits. Leads audit preparation activities, accompanies inspector, complete necessary reports and posting, Performs follow-ups to non-conformances found and provides responses as appropriate. Trains site on proper inspection procedure practices. Assists in insuring facility is inspection ready at all times through inspection and maintaining Area Ownership Program.
5. Provides Quality/Sanitation support for project commercializations. Insures appropriate steps, forms and approvals are complete to assure successful project startup. Insures proper construction procedures are followed to meet site/Kraft requirements.
6. Plans, defines, and directs the site auditing control program to ensure compliance to all procedures and policies to ensure compliance to regulatory, federal, and local laws. Supports Quality KPI's and programs and leads appropriate corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement initiatives.
7. Assists Site Sanitation team to insure comply with all Sanitation programs and sanitary design processes.
Organizational Relationships: (Identify nature and frequency of both internal and external contacts made by this position.)
1. Works directly with all teams for implementation of Quality programs.
2. Oversees internal auditor(s) and document coordinators.
3. Assists in conducting Management Review for site and prepares compliance KPI for BU.
4. Leads internal and external audits and works with BU Quality on any necessary audit responses.
5. Leads Food Safety Team consisting of management and hourly plant personnel.
1. General/Basic Background in Food Quality Systems
4. Team Leadership Skills
5. Communication Skills
6. Ability to challenge status quo and work effectively with a wide array of plant personnel
7. Interpersonal savvy
8. Must be able to work flexible schedule
1. Decision Quality
2. Problem Solving
3. Managing and Measuring Work
BACHELORíS DEGREE (4 YR) required - preferred in Food Science/Biology or equivalent experience
Kraft Foods is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
: Quality Assurance
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org