Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Manager-CHA00255 - NC-Charlotte
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 143,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Dressings, Sauces & Oils refines vegetable and tropical oils and animal fat for a wide range of food and nonfood manufacturers. We also make shortenings, frying oils, mayonnaise, dressings, and sauces for the foodservice industry.
The business operates seven oil refineries, five shortening and oil packaging plants, a mayonnaise production facility, a dressings plant and a culinary sauce facility, all of which are located in the United States. We also operate an edible oil refinery in Mexico.
The Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Manager (FSQR Manager) is critical to drive implementation of our food safety management systems and ensure compliance to Cargill, regulatory and customer requirements at the Dressings, Sauces, and Oils (DSO) Charlotte and Fayetteville sites. This role is responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of all FSQR systems for refined oils and packaged oils at the Charlotte site including: developing and implementing FSQR policies, continuous improvement of FSQR processes and systems, shaping the location’s food safety culture, leading talent management practices and ensuring Cargill and customer requirements are met. This position will be a key member of the Charlotte location leadership team and the DSO FSQR leadership team. Reporting into this role will be the FSQR team at Charlotte and the FSQR leader at Fayetteville.
· 20% - Ensure compliance of regulations/policies – ultimate accountability for all FSQR compliance across one or more facilities, analyze, review, interpret FSQR policies, regulations, implements predefined customer and supplier standards, monitor regulatory activities, ensures plant compliance, act as liaison with regulatory authorities at local level.
· 20% - Perform prevention activities and issue resolution – act as customer interface, manage FSQR audits, respond to customer questions/complaints, proactively identify risks, take action to prevent FSQR issues across location.
· 20% - Develop, implement and assess process/systems – plans and directs all FSQR programs and management of change, implements product specification systems, drives continuous improvement, provides input to location leaders related to base/non-base capital needs to maintain food safety leadership position in one or more locations
· 20% - Shape food safety, quality and regulatory culture/reputation - interface with manager/directors within BU and represent FSQR as part of location management team, act as liaison between customer and operations to ensure standard/expectations are met, build and develop effective engaged FSQR workforce, lead implementation of BU FSQR strategy/tactical plans
· 20% - People/resource/budget management – lead talent management of employees in FSQR organization for one or more facilities with large number of FSQR resources, accountable for selection, training, development performance management and engagement for a large number of direct/indirect reports, develop/implement short range (tactical) FSQR plans in alignment with BU and local plans, actively participates in development of FSQR initiatives and budgets, sets accurate and challenging budgets, key member of location leadership team
· Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific / technical field.
· Minimum 5 years experience in FSQR/related activities
· Minimum 3 years experience in personnel management
· Demonstrated leadership ability to develop team members, work effectively in teams and drive continuous improvement in a food plant setting
· Intermediate Plant Manufacturing Knowledge - intermediate practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations
· Intermediate HACCP Knowledge/Implementation - Applies HACCP to identify & control food safety hazards
· Intermediate FSSC / GFSI implementation / maintenance knowledge – understands FSSC requirements and ability to implement, maintain and drive continuous improvement in a plant setting
· Intermediate Customer Specifications Management - Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meet customer requirements
· Intermediate Business Acumen - Applies basic business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts
· Basic Auditing/Compliance - Applies basic auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance.
· Basic Supplier Quality Assurance - Identifies & addresses basic supplier quality issues
· Basic Knowledge of Food Laws & Regulations - Stays up-to-date and ensures compliance with food laws and regulations.
· Intermediate Risk Assessment - Conducts and communicates the results of a scientific evaluation of the known or potential adverse health effects resulting from human or animal exposure to food borne hazards.
· Intermediate knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools - Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhance food safety and quality
· Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Deep technical knowledge in the areas of food safety, quality and regulatory compliance
· MS Food Science, Food Safety or similar a plus
· Operations and/or customer facing experience a plus
· 5+ years of supervisory experience
· Behaviors consistent with Cargill’s ethics and values per the Cargill leadership model
· Demonstrated track record of applying critical thinking skills to effectively mitigate risk in a manufacturing environment
· Advanced Plant Manufacturing Knowledge - Demonstrates practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations.
· Intermediate Supplier Quality Assurance - Identifies and addresses supplier quality issues.
· Intermediate Auditing/Compliance - Applies advanced auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance
· Intermediate Product Information/Documentation: Prepares product information and documentation that meet regulatory compliance requirements.
· Intermediate Knowledge of Food Laws & Regulations - Stays up-to-date and ensures compliance with food laws and regulations.
· Intermediate Knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools - Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhance food safety and quality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com