for new product development from bench-top to production. Will work with
new products, current product improvement, and cost savings through
formulation processing, analysis, and evaluation of dairy/frozen products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads projects and assists other R&D personnel with the development
of new products, product quality assessments, product improvement and
- Responsible for in-house taste test panels, focus groups and other
consumer research projects
- Works with production facilities/departments to ensure a straightforward
scale-up once the new product is ready for large-scale production
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of all projects (i. e. pilot plant trials, bench top work)
- Provides training, troubleshooting, and problem resolution as needed
regarding new and current products/projects/processes
- Oversees and makes recommendations during plant trails and new product
- Develops a positive work relationship with suppliers in order to assist R
& D with the development of new products, supplier selection, and
safety and quality issues
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of
responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of post-educational experience in research and development in
the dairy industry
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of mathematics for formula calculations.
- Working knowledge in area of Bacteriology/Food Science/Dairy Products.
- General knowledge of laboratory procedures and equipment.
- Aptitude for equipment operation, maintenance and sanitation.
- Ability to generate ideas, test their effectiveness and decide on a plan
- Ability to demonstrate professional oral and written communication.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Dairy/Food Science or related area plus 1+ years of
post-educational experience in manufacturing or research and development in
the food industry
- Dairy experience