Food Scientist (Job
Number: 13000902) – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -800 Sylvan
Yes, 5 % of
This position will have responsibility for being work stream product
development leader for category projects leading to new inovation products as well as product maintenance,
quality improvement, and cost improvement initiatives for the category
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Seeking highly motivated, self starter with
creative thinking, and adaptablity to learn new
technology and processes . As Senior Food
Scientist is expected to perform the following work activities as part of
cross-functional project teams:
· Develop powder and liquid tea products using a variety of resources to
bring concepts to life.
· Lead the product development tasks and managed product development
· Assesses feasibility of new ideas and write technical plan for their development
· Work closely with technical and cross functional team members on
· Demonstrate ability to analyze technical data, anticipate project
next-steps, and evaluate options.
· Independently research, conduct experiments, gather data, develop
conclusions and prepare written reports resulting in new/improved
products, cost savings and unique technologies against business needs
· Support technical project leader in design and implement various
technical aspects of projects, including final product design,
specifications, and factory start-up, to ensure on time, in full delivery
· Develop specifications for new raw materials, formulations, and
· Lead scale-ups from pilot to factory with adjustments, as needed, to
processes and formulations.
· Manage product transition from development into the supply chain.
· Support supply chain improvement and lead quality improvement, cost
savings, and complexity reduction projects including troubleshooting
activities where product knowledge is needed.
· Travel required (15-20%)
Bachelors in Food Science with 2 to 5 years experience
or Masters in Food Science with 1 to 3 years
experience. Experience in beverage and dry products is a plus Must
be able to 15-20%. Prior experience working on cross functional teams and
responsibility for specific project goals from inception to completion of
the project is required.
Unilever offers a competitive
compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life
Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children;
Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings
Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to
complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory
in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to
complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled
out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of
your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the
assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination
based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran
status or any other legally protected status in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening
results and background investigation