Food Safety Manager – Landover, MD
Division : Smithfield Packing
Location : Landover MD US 20785
Job Title : Food Safety Manager
Category : Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Job Type : Full Time
Job Description :
an immediate opportunity for highly motivated, dedicated and professional
Food Safety Manager. This individual will be responsible for developing
, implementing and validating science based HACCP plans for each process
within our ready to eat (RTE) Hot dog facility (to include Sanitation
Standard Operating Procedures). This manager will ensure compliance
with all FSIS regulations, directives and policies. In
addition, this person will develop and implement training programs to
instruct employees to monitor and document HACCP, SSOP and other required
functions within the facility.
30% Develop, implement and validate science based HACCP plans for each process within the facility.
30% Develop, implement and validate science based Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures for all areas and processes within the facility.
20% Manage the Regulatory function to ensure compliance with all FSIS Regulations, Directives, and Policies.
20% Develop and implement training programs to instruct employees to monitor and document HACCP, SSOP, and other required functions.
· Plant Liaison to resolve all issues or concerns that the USDA Inspectors may have.
· Resolve and respond to all USDA Non-Compliance Records completely and timely.
· Lead the plant HACCP team and train employees.
· Reassess both the HACCP and SSOP programs.
· Perform risk assessments of each process and develop critical control points.
Job Requirements :
· Bachelor of Science Degree
· Three (3) years of experience in the Meat Industry
· HACCP Certification
· Strong Analytical Skills
· Innovative Problem Solving Skills supported by a systematic approach.
· Excellent Communication Skills, both verbal and written are required
· Strong Organizational Skills
· Profiecient in Word, Excel, Power Point
· Technial knowledge of meats and proteins
· Knowledge of Statistical Process Controls
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org