Scientist-Food Safety-0900473 – East Hanover, NJ
The Microbiologist will have overall responsibility for the execution and implementation of key microbiology and food safety programs for the Snacks sector, which includes HACCP plan development and validation. In addition, they act as an internal consultant to Operations, Sector Quality, Marketing and Research & Development to develop product safety and stability.
This position is responsible for reviewing food safety programs and, specifically, CCP validations at external manufacturers and suppliers that handle dry products (e.g. nuts and nut products). Programs include HACCP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, Zoning, GMP, and validation of lethality steps. Also, included are laboratory programs and methods.
Specific job responsibilities are as follows:
· Provide scientific and technical food safety and microbiological support to the Business Unit to ensure product safety and quality by conducting technical assessments of suppliers and co-manufacturer
· Identify and communicate food safety risks to Business Unit, giving actionable advice on Food Safety programs; review the validation of Food Safety programs at supplier, co-manufacturers and Kraft Foods facilities and recommend improvement programs to ensure brand protection & contribute to business growth.
· Collaborate with business partners where improvements and execution of relevant HACCP models and PEM are required at suppliers.
· Conduct validation of Critical Control Points related to heat kill steps (Cooking, roasting, etc) and assess validity of data obtained by others.
· Conduct validation studies to determine critical limits for critical processes and collaborate with external institutions and business partners to update/maintain CCP models.
· Liase externally to ensure most relevant information and emerging issues are identified and incorporated in food safety visits.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
· MS or PhD in Food Safety or Microbiology or closely related field and 1 - 2 years experience in applied microbiology or related discipline.
· Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, and Facility/Equipment Design
· Knowledge of Microbiology Laboratory Techniques with awareness of rapid test methods
· Awareness of quality systems/processes
· Experience with validation of Critical Control Point (Lethality steps such as roasters, cookers, and smokehouse).
· Excellent communication skills (presentation, report writing)
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to drive projects to completion
· Knowledge of basic computer skills.
· Ability to travel 50% of the time.
: NA-US-NJ-East Hanover
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org