Career Opportunities: Global Retail and Facilities Food Safety Specialist (75613) - TX, Austin
Req ID 75613 - Posted 04/17/2014 - Global Office - Global Support - TX, Austin - Global Support (50001) - Team/Department (1) - Full-Time - Global Support Center - Team Member - United States
Global Food Safety Support (GFSS) Retail & Facilities Food Safety Specialist will support and sustain store, facility, regional, national and global programs and specifications in Food Safety, Local Sourcing and Good Organics. The GFSS Retail & Facilities Food Safety Specialist will partner with store, facility, regional and global leadership to provide support to maintain and improve compliance and excellence in all facets of the above.
· Provide support to Regional Food Safety Specialists and Regional Operations teams who will interact directly with store operations on Food Safety and Organic compliance related issues.
· Provide support in the areas of technical training and advice regarding quality systems and continuous improvement processes to stores and facilities located in the US, Canada and the UK; 374 stores and 12 processing facilities (Commissaries, Bakehouses and Seafood).
· Supporting the development of store and facility audit and administrative procedures.
· Provide support to Regional foragers, coordinators and store buyers on the on boarding of local and regional products.
· Continuously strive to improve retail operations food safety, quality metrics and compliance.
· Work with regional retail operations and their stores, foragers and local suppliers to deliver safe and high quality products.
· Be solution oriented and committed to continuous improvement of the GFFS team as well as the stores and facilities.
· Assist with the investigation and resolution of product safety or quality issues.
· Work with vendors of new and emerging technologies that could improve or streamline the safety of our products.
· Provide Pest Control support for regions/stores/facilities.
· Work closely with Risk management team with OSHA issues related to cleaning products etc.
· Calibration of Regional Food Safety Specialists and the 3rd Party Food Safety Auditors to WFM Food Safety standards.
· Develop science-based WFM Food Safety guidelines as needed by the GFSS team, region or stores.
· Assess consistency and continuity in Food Safety programs including 3rd Party Food Safety Audit Provider, Training, Pest Control Service Providers, Chemical Providers and Regulatory Agency Inspections and report on trending and improvement opportunities.
· Oversee and/or act as one of the primary liaisons with regulatory agencies.
· Must be able to work with all levels of operational leadership in a collaborative and influential manner toward continuous improvement of food safety standards and operational excellence.
· Proven track record of successful retail food safety operations (in store operations).
· Bachelor’s degree (BS) with primary focus on biology or public health from four year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum five years food safety experience with specific experience in restaurant chain, large foodservice operations, commissary operations, in-store vendor operations, remote food production establishments.
· REHS or Equivalent preferred
· Strong technical knowledge in HACCP, ISO, Quality Systems, Food Safety Management Training Programs, Federal/State and International food safety legislation, including the FDA Model Food Code.
· Incident and corrective action plan management experience vital
· Knowledge of recipe and product development, contract and specification management.
· This is a home-based position requiring approximately 50% travel.
· Preferred experience with International suppliers. Must be able to travel internationally if needed.
· Knowledge of/experience with natural and organic foods
· Strong experience with data management, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software needed. Exposure to MS Sharepoint a plus.
· Excellent communication including presentation, written, verbal and listening skills.
· Strong reporting skills and solid background in technical training.
· Knowledge of WFM policies, procedures, products, stores, vendors, culture and marketing.
**At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
WHO WE ARE
· Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant lifestyle brands in the country.
· We have been named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in America by FORTUNE magazine for 15 consecutive years.
· Our company's motto, “Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet™” captures its mission to ensure customer satisfaction and health, Team Member excellence and happiness, enhanced shareholder and supplier partner value, community support and environmental improvement.
· With $12.9 billion in sales last year, 367 stores, and more than seven million customer visits each week, Whole Foods Market is dedicated to providing communities with fresh, healthy, natural and organic food.
· We are an always-evolving, experimental lifestyle retailer with a goal of reaching 1,000 stores.
Close Date: 04/30/2014
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org