India: Two die after eating 'gol gappas' in Ludhiana

Source of Article:


22 Apr 2009, 1334 hrs IST, PTI

LUDHIANA: Two persons dies and 56 others were taken ill in the Basti Jodhewal Colony after eating ‘gol gappas’ here on Wednesday, police said.

SSP Dr S S Gill said that the victims fell ill and started vomiting immediately after eating the ‘gol gappas’ at a local stand.

They were rushed to various nursing homes and hospitals where two of them died to the food poisoning.

The victims were identified as Ramu of Gonda (Uttar Pardesh) and Micky (Uttarakhand).

Sagar, owner of the stand has been arrested. Contaminated water is suspected to be the reason for food poisoning, the SSP added.


Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under

            If you have any comments, please send your email to