Retail Food Safety
Representative, Chicago, IL
Food Safety, Sales
is one of the leading global experts in food safety and we're growing!
We are seeking entry level Food Safety Respresentatives to conduct
food safety inspections and audits at restaurants and other food service
operations as assigned.
This is a
home based position with up to 75% regional travel required.
Salary range $35,000 - $40,000/year plus benefits
- Conduct food safety inspections/audits.
- Summarize and evaluate inspection/audit
- Consistently interpret audit guidelines and
score audits E: 10pt;
- Communicate findings/results of
inspections/audits with client site management or appropriate client
- Develop effective work plans for the
completion of assigned inspections/audits within a determined timeframe.
- Establish and maintain effective
communication with NSF staff as it relates to assigned clients
- Bachelor's degree in
environmental health, food science, food technology, hospitality,
dietetics, nutrition or other related scientific areas of study.
- Ability to work independently
from remote location.
- Excellent communication skills
(written and verbal).
- Willingness and ability to
travel within the assigned territory.
- Willingness and ability to work
some evenings and weekends.
- Experience with Microsoft
Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must have a valid driver
license and reliable transportation.
- 0-2 years of related work
experience with food safety and quality
- Majority of work is performed
in a retail food (restaurant, supermarket), food preparation
environment, field, commercial or other non-office setting.
- Majority of time spent work
independently from a remote location.
- Required frequent travel by car
- Required to stand, or walk for
long periods of time.
- Required to have a valid
driver's license and operate a motor vehicle.
- Extensive use of computers and
other electronic equipment.
- Moderate physical effort
required (ability to carry equipment weighing 25 lbs or less).
- Ability to follow client and
regulatory required safety practices.
No phone calls, faxes or
postal mail please
NSF and its subsidiaries
are EO/AA employers - we welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace
NSF is a registered user
of the E-Verify employment eligibility verification system