The Food Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring our customers are
provided with the highest quality product as well as excellent customer
service. Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a food safe
environment through compliance to all requirements of programs/policies
for Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Quality,
Workplace Safety, IPM, OSHA, Environmental, and as may be required by
Plant, Company, and Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
• Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food
Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an
understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1.
• Assures that General Safety and Food Safety is an absolute priority
by setting the example as a member of senior management.
• Assures that Product Quality is an absolute priority utilizing IPM,
Plant Teams and outside resources to accomplish this.
• Assigns all work duties and work schedules associated with the
• Purchases all necessary sanitation supplies and equipment to maintain
a clean and safe plant.
• Chairs all regular GMP Inspections. Required to accompany AIB, State
and Federal Regulatory inspectors, and any third party inspectors.
Conducts plant wide inspections.
• Takes the lead in the facility’s Safety and Environmental Programs
including upkeep of the Corporate Environmental System.
• Monitors the Sanitation Department's expenditures with respect to
labor and supplies to ensure compliance with department budgets.
• Prepares and maintains Master Sanitation Schedule, logs and other
documentation and distributes information, as needed.
• Provides leadership, trains, and coaches and develops associates to
include responsibility for personnel and labor issues throughout the
• Provides training to all associates on Allergen, HACCP and GMP programs
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A combination of education, training and
experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work
may be substituted.
Five or more years of Sanitation experience in a Food
Processing/Manufacturing Environment, preferably in a bakery, with at
least two years of management experience.
Reasonable accommodation may be made for those who are able to perform
the essential duties of the job.