Quality Assurance Manager - Orval Kent Foods - Vista & San Diego, CA
Orval Kent Food Co., Inc.
Division: Orval Kent Foods
Location: Vista & San Diego
Dept.: Plant Management
Type of position Exempt, Full-time
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to (title): Corporate Director Quality
No. of Direct Reports: (by location)
No. of Indirect Reports: (by location)
Budget Scope: Prepares and manages the QA Department budget. Manages the cost for Pest
Control and USDA. Assists Sanitation Department performance and cost control.
General Description: Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and implementing food
safety systems, quality assurance procedures, food defense systems and related functions for the
assigned facility and associated locations.
· Manage the facility food safety programs, quality assurance and food defense systems as defined by Corporate programs and local facility needs, including a lead role Crisis Management.
· Manage facility food safety and quality results by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees. Schedule, assign and follow up on Quality Assurance staff’s work results.
· Coordinate with R&D and other corporate staff to assist the development and implementation of new products, process and product improvements and cost savings initiative.
· Chair the HACCP Team and assure that root cause analysis and corrective actions, as defined by the HACCP team, are completed.
· Provide training for QA related programs to employees, contractors and suppliers.
· Maintain Professional and Technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
· Respond to customer and consumer issues, providing input for corrective and preventive actions to the HACCP Team.
· Manage the third party food safety audit program, to meet customer and corporate needs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related experience.
· 10 year’s experience in food industry, with quality supervisory background.
· Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in cross functional situations.
· Ability to travel on a limited basis.
Relationships (Customers; Vendors; Internal Employees): Individual customers, brokers, ingredient suppliers, equipment manufacturers, auditors, operations, maintenance, and warehouse employees.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org