Quality Assurance Manager - Cargill – Eddyville, IA
I Choose Opportunity.
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
The Food Ingredients Systems (FIS) platform is a dynamic, growing organization with a vision to deliver a consistent customer experience, seen by our customers as innovative, superior to our competition and uniquely Cargill. The Cargill Health & Nutrition (CHN) BU is an integral part of this platform, providing sweetness alternatives and health solutions in foods.
The Quality Assurance Manager will facilitate/ensure QA, food safety, GMP, specification and regulatory compliance during production and release of assigned CHN commercialized products at both Cargill and external manufacturing facilities. This person will design and implement QA systems for compliance to Food, Dietary Supplement, and ICH Q7 GMPs.
· 30% - Facilitates GMP compliance (Food, Dietary Supplement, and ICH Q7 GMPs) for assigned product lines. Responsible for approval/rejection of raw materials, products, SOP's, specifications, labels, controls etc. that affect quality or food safety
· 30% - Establish and maintain QA Systems: HACCP, FCC, USP, Dietary Supplements, ICH Q7, Kosher, documentation, complaints and investigations, etc. for existing and newly commercialized product lines
· 15% - Serves as a lead resource between operations, leadership, marketing, distribution, and GMP/Regulatory bodies
· 10% - Conduct GMP compliance audits of contract manufacturers, suppliers, co-brand partners, and internal Cargill facilities.
· 5% - Serves as a principal contact for customer and agency interactions relating to assigned product lines
· 5% - Supervise and lead QA personnel in day-to-day activities, coordinate training, perform coaching, mentor, assist in career development, and manage PMP's/KRA's for QA personnel.
· 5% - Coordinate training for ICH Q7, dietary supplements, and food safety
The QA Manager will perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. They will also comply with all government regulations and Cargill policies and procedures which include but are not limited to environmental, safety, HACCP, and cGMP.
· Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or science related discipline
· Minimum 5 years experience in food, dietary supplement, or pharma industry (prefer knowledge of all 3)
· Demonstrated ability to perform food safety risk assessments
· Demonstrated ability to develop effective HACCP and prerequisite programs
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
· Ability to lead quality and food safety efforts and projects
· Diverse auditing experience with various manufacturers and toller unit ops
· Ability to travel up to 40-50%
· Overall knowledge of applicable regulations; ability to partner with regulatory and scientific affairs personnel
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 160,000 people in 67 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume on our company website at www.ichoosecargill.com
Please reference job #EDD00397
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org