Technician – Valley Fine Foods – Benicia, CA
- Conduct Quality Control
inspections on a routine basis, ensuring product safety and quality.
- Monitor and verify HACCP
points, product quality, and line efficiency.
- Fill out Quality Control
documents and report any problems to Foreman.
- Ensure production personnel are
following company sanitation and hygiene procedures, GMPs, and food
safety practices. Report discrepancies.
- Assist with the preparation of
documents and reports for internal and external audits.
- Verify reports and follow-up
HACCP, GMP, SOP’s and SSOP’s.
- Responsible for all production
forms and CCP’s.
- Cross check finished goods
inventory quantities to ensure amounts, make corrections if necessary.
- Assist in internal and third
party audits to maintain highest standard of Food Safety, Food Quality
and Food Security.
- Follow laboratory testing
procedure, perform record keeping, data analysis and implement corrective
action program as needed.
- Review and ensure compliance
with plant GMPs, HACCP, sanitation and pest control procedures.
- Revise written product
specifications for all ingredients.
- Assist in the training of new
and existing employees on food safety and quality programs.
- Enforce and maintain high
product quality, HACCP, and sanitation standards.
- Work with FDA and USDA to
ensure compliance with all food manufacturing regulations.
- Must have experience working
for a HACCP certified food manufacturer.
- Must be able to commute to the
Benicia plant for training one day per week.
- 2+ years experience in a
quality role in the food manufacturing industry.
- Experience assisting with plant
audits and GMP, HACCP, sanitation, pest control programs.
- Knowledge of Food Industry
- Experience working in a QC lab
to test product attributes (salt, moisture, pH, etc.)
- Experience conducting microbiological
- Working with USDA and FDA
- Excellent written and verbal
- Problem solving skills, and
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Matching
- Employee assistance program
- Long term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
Who We Are: Valley
Fine Foods is a growing mid-sized consumer food manufacturer that specializes
in high quality Italian, Asian and international foods. Our products are carried in domestic and international
club and grocery retail locations. We
pride ourselves on using only the highest quality natural foods to produce