" Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field OR equivalent
experience. ( Master's preferred )
" Three (3) to five (5) years experience in an R&D environment
" Computer proficient
Daily / Weekly / Irregular
1. Supervise and conduct R&D tests as assigned and approved by
2. Evaluate results of tests and recommend next steps.
3. Trouble Shoot production opportunities as they arise.
4. Maintain R & D conformance to business plan & corporate
5. Develop processes and products as required.
6. Complete and submit reports as required.
7. Conduct R&D within budget and time constraints.
Position requires a person who is strong in practical and technical skills
in the field of new product and process development for all products. Must
have the ability to integrate their technical strengths with creativity in
new product development and process design. Requires the ability to direct
and handle multiple tasks at one time. It is essential, that the person
have the ability to communicate the department mission and objectives in a
clear and persuasive manner. Requires the ability to adapt to unforeseen
circumstances and the ability to resolve conflict with minimal assistance.
Essential Duties Functions
1. Take all measures to ensure distributor / customer total satisfaction.
2. Supervise and perform the daily projects assigned by department.
3. Ensure all new associates are properly trained and understand all
4. Exercises good leadership and communication skills.
5. Help build and maintain an effective R & D team.
6. Communicate effectively with all customers (internal and external).
7. Keep accurate records on all tests that are being performed.
8. Ensure all department requirements & Standard Operating Procedures
(SOP's) are met.
9. Actively participate in research, justification and implementation
involved in long range planning of the department and product lin