India: 15 MBA students from Bangalore hospitalised for food poisoning

Source of Article:

Published: May 1,2009

Hyderabad , May 1 Fifteen MBA students from Bangalore were today admitted to a hospital here for suspected food poisoning after they ate food at a hotel, official sources said.

Around 86 members, including students and their faculty from Bangalore, came to the city as part of study tour and stayed at a hotel-cum-lodge at Chikadpalli area here yesterday, the officials said.

They had their breakfast, lunch and dinner served to them at the hotel but some of the students complained of stomach ache, vomitting and diarrhoea since last night and were immediately rushed to a hospital.

Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) officials who inspected the hotel kitchen following complaints of contaminated food immediately ordered closure of the kitchen and took the food samples for bacterial and quality analysis.

"The hotel authorities were asked to close their kitchen till the food test results come,"a GHMC Chief Medical Officer told PTI.





Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under

            If you have any comments, please send your email to