The Food Safety / Environmental Manager has full responsibility for
ensuring the facility maintains the highest sanitation standards and is a
model for environmental stewardship and sustainability. The scope
of responsibility includes implementing and managing a Master Sanitation
Schedule for the site, incorporating continuous improvement and
innovation, integrating the FSE Team with all Teams in the bakery and
providing oversight for all relevant budgets and records.
• Creation and implementation of written cleaning procedures for all
• Working closely with other Department Heads to ensure that all
Technicians and Mechanics are appropriately trained in sanitation and
• Maintain MSS sheets.
• Maintain and communicate key goals and metrics through scorecards.
• Lead Food Safety and Environmental Teams
• Lead IPM efforts in the FSE Department.
• Maintain quality records.
• Purchase appropriate sanitation and environmental tools, equipment and
chemicals for the site within budget.
• Ensure cleaning needs are being met.
• Ensure WEMS is up to date.
• Maintain air permit records
• Maintain wastewater permit records and reports
• Establish water usage reduction goals.