Supplier Quality Manager – Milwaukee, WI
Come join the Palermo’s Team! Palermo Villa Inc, doing business as Palermo's Pizza, is a frozen pizza manufacturer headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We have a need for a knowledgeable person to join our team. We are seeking a Supplier Quality Manager whose primary role is to drive product safety and quality with our suppliers. This position is responsible for holding Palermo’s suppliers accountable to Palermo’s Supplier Quality Program standards.
This position is crucial to our business: you are an expert technical resource on the Quality team, who assures our customers remain loyal because of the superior quality that Palermo’s brand represents. Factual communicator who can relate to a wide variety of supplier requirements is essential.
Essential Areas of Accountability:
· Manage new suppliers and verify continuing supplier conformance to quality system requirements through initial assessments and periodic audits of supplier quality systems.
· Ensure complete and effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation through the initiation and follow up of supplier corrective actions.
· Develop supplier metrics to monitor supplier quality control system and process effectiveness.
· Develop and facilitate implementation of supplier quality control and process control plans for supplier operations.
· Develop and implement quality assurance plans that address food safety, regulatory compliance, product consistency and customer satisfaction.
· Develops and stewards quality and food safety related communication and training for management, production and distribution team members.
· Partners with plant management team members to develop procedural, safety and product consistency improvement plans.
· Systematically reviews all key food ingredients and suppliers to recommend improvement plans/systems to Palermo’s management team to achieve reduced finished product variation and increase predictable consistency to Palermo’s customers.
· Leads the technical review with product development, manufacturing and purchasing functions to achieve optimum supplier results, from initial product design through launch and mass production.
· Management, direction and development of Supplier Quality team.
Skills / Qualifications:
· BS in Food Science or a related field.
· This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance. Management experience related to supply chain and development of staff is required.. This position will have 2-3 direct reports.
· 5 to 7 years Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing environment - multiple food product background preferred, USDA experience/exposure a plus.
· Demonstrated successful experience developing, monitoring and/or auditing HACCP, GMP’s and Quality systems; HACCP certified preferred.
· Proven leadership competencies as they relate to driving resolution, developing team members, improving efficiencies and creative problem solving.
· Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers to define and enforce company standards.
· Demonstrated proficiency with MSOffice applications, databases, statistics, and math.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org