Food Technologist Intern - Limited - Gentry, AR
Pay Rate Type:
Monday – Friday; 25 – 35 hours per week typically during 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. work day. Some work may be required to interact and work on off-shifts hours as needed.
Posting End Date:
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a Summer Intern to focus on a project within manufacturing. This student will receive guidance from experienced Food Technologists as he/she gains exposure to the food science function within a leading snack-food manufacturer. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with a 50+ year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
What you'll do
Learn from a great team of Manufacturing and Food Technology professionals. Join us as an active part of the Production department working on a project related to manufacturing efficiencies and quality. This is a great opportunity to put your technical skills and knowledge to work. The successful student will learn to provide support in specific tasks related to quality measurements and tracking production parameters, collecting data and performing statistical analysis. Opportunities exist to learn additional aspects of data analysis and how to applying these principles to solve problems in a manufacturing environment. Make McKee Foods a part of your education plan to help you develop the technical analysis skills needed to become a Food Technology professional!
What you'll need to have
· Current enrollment in and full completion of at least 1 full year of a BS degree program in Food Science.
· Undergraduate work which includes successful completion of courses in some or all of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Food Quality, Food Safety.
· Computer skills: Must be proficient in using Microsoft’s Word and Excel programs.
· Self-motivated, with strong initiative and self direction.
· Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively alone or in a team environment.
We'd prefer you to have
· Full completion of at least 2 years of a BS degree program in Foods Science.
· Previous food manufacturing experience.
*Please note: Spare and limited employees (including Interns) are not eligible for some company benefits such as medical insurance, participation in profit sharing-cash bonus, or Paid Time Off accruals for Vacations, Holidays, and Sick days.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com