Food Technologist - Bakery Science – Northbrook, IL
· Job ID:nest-00019311
· Salary:Not Specified Why?
Baking, Food Technol/Scientists, Production
Named one of 'America's Most Admired Food Companies' in Fortune magazine for the twelfth consecutive year, Nestl? USA provides quality brands and products that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with LEAN CUISINE? to baking traditions with NESTL? TOLL HOUSE?, Nestl? USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverage products that enrich the very experience of life itself. That's what 'Nestl?. Good Food, Good Life' is all about. Nestl? USA, with 2008 sales of $10.0 billion, is part of Nestl? S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland ' the world's largest food company ' with sales of $101 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or NestleNewsroom.com.
EOE/MFDV Nestle is an 'Equal Opportunity Employer' and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment.
Food Technologist is an experienced professional in product development, responsible for initiating, planning and executing projects in the area of baking formulation and process development. The Food Technologist works closely with other members of the research, product development, and quality community including interaction with senior members of the organization. Candidate will regularly interface with other departments, acting as a key technological resource. Assuming a leadership role for complex technical projects, skills are honed through on-the-job experiences and assignments that provide exposure to the business categories, suppliers and the manufacturing network of the Nestl? Pizza Division. In addition, assignments are geared to train individuals on methods, resources and systems that R&D uses to complete projects.
- Develops project objectives and strategies in response to business initiatives. - Conducts analysis of results and translates into actionable recommendations. - Plans and organizes plant trials and consumer tests - Understand, create, implement and modify product specifications, operating techniques and procedures - Acts as a key member of cross-functional teams, providing technical bakery expertise and appropriate linkages back to the RDQ community. - Work with Operations to develop financially viable capital requests - Actively participate as a member of plant start-ups teams - Assess new/unique bakery ingredients or to find new uses for old ingredients - Effectively network with other technical areas in formulating new bakery products/processes and solve technical problems - Map best practices in existing processes, cost optimize and add value to products - Acts as resource and mentor to junior members of department, with possible supervision of an intern or coop.
BS, MS or PhD in Food Science/Engineering, Bakery Science or related field Minimum 5 years food industry experience 2 years bakery product development experience
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Advanced analytical skill, technical competence, and initiative - Systematic approach to problem solving and business - Proven effectiveness in team leadership, excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and deal effectively with a people from varying functions and levels - Leadership skills, insightful technical judgment, creative judgment and a sincere interest in R&D - Ability to plans and execute projects with a high degree of autonomy.
- Extensive knowledge of bakery equipment used on a daily basis. - Basic familiarity with equipment used outside category - Ability to understand equipment, control strategies, and lay out basic processes
- Ability to negotiate with vendorsØ regarding technical information - Good comprehension of process control capabilities
Food Science and Engineering
- Thorough knowledge of the interrelationship of product, process and packaging - Thorough knowledge of ingredient functionality impact on physical, chemical, stability, rheology attributes in dough and bakery products - Basic knowledge of proteins,carbohydrates, hydrocolloids, and lipids functionality - Thorough knowledge of product forms; emulsions; dispersions, foams - Basic understanding of unit operations and engineering principles - Ability to plan and design well thought out testing procedures and anticipate next steps and potential problems - Basic knowledge of key processes (mixing, emulsification, dispersion, conveyance, pasteurization, concentration, separation, hydration)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com