Manager, Food Safety/Sanitation
Location: Lisle, Illinois
Founded in 1956, McCain Foods Limited ("McCain") is the largest manufacturer of frozen potato products in the world, and a major producer of other quality frozen foods. The company operates 60 food production facilities in 14 countries on six continents and employs more than 20,000 people. McCain brands are marketed in more than 130 countries.
Privately owned by McCain family members, the company also owns a transportation company (Day & Ross Transportation Group), a fertilizer company (McCain Fertilizers) and a seed company (McCain Produce). In fiscal year 2007, the company generated net sales of C$6 billion. McCain’s goal is to remain the undisputed leader in the supply of frozen French fries while continuing to establish its dominance in the supply of frozen appetizers, snacks and potato specialties. The company will continue to drive profitable growth by:
· Winning in the marketplace with customers and consumers
· Driving quality and innovation in everything we do
· Creating enablers to fuel investment and being cost efficient
Investing in the growth and development of our people McCain operates in the dynamic food industry, which is aggressive, competitive and fast changing. With very ambitious growth objectives and strong entrepreneurial roots, McCain competes and wins on the strength of its leadership. In terms of size, McCain is big enough to have significant financial and operational strength, yet operates regional units, which maintain a strong sense of ownership, involvement, belonging and caring. There is an unusually high level of loyalty, trust and commitment at McCain.
This person will be McCain’s resident expert with respect to overall plant sanitation and cleanliness as well as food safety. He/she will manage the relationship with McCain’s outsourced sanitation and cleaning provider as well as implement a consistent and measurable best practices approach to address sanitation and food safety issues across McCain’s various plant operations around the world.
· Provide strategic and operational direction and leadership to McCain food safety programs.
· Develop, implement, and audit effectiveness of food safety management systems
· Provide technical leadership to assure that the manufacturing processes and environments are microbiologically safe for the production of food products
· Interpret sensitive food safety related technical information and provide objective science based recommendations
· Approve design of microbiology-related studies for understanding and management of product and process development risk
· Provide technical leadership in the implementation of cleaning and sanitation programs
· Evaluate and provide guidance on proper design and construction of food plants and equipment
· Design of microbiological challenge studies to assess product shelf life expectancies and ensure minimal regulatory risk for new technologies.
· Maximize overall equipment effectiveness while striving for world class sanitation standards
· Develop standardized training materials for all McCain facilities to ensure a consistent approach.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 5 years experience in the food industry.
· Active Food Safety professional who continuously stays abreast of new developments.
· Functional expert in food plant sanitation
· In-depth knowledge of food safety, food microbiology, manufacturing processes, food regulation, sanitary design and quality management.
· External perspective, business acumen, and benchmarking focus for world-class food safety management.
· Manage internal and external microbiology testing to ensure cost-effectiveness of approach, accuracy of data.
· Ability to effectively interact with vendors, consultants, and regulatory agencies as an agent of the company.
PERSONAL & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES
· Strong communication, influencing and conflict management skills.
· Ability to communicate a vision that is clear and inspiring
· Understands how to use various methods and tools to engage the organization to ensure commitment to change.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate work in a team environment and to build and maintain collaborative partnerships across organizational boundaries.
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity
Reporting Relationship: VP, Global Quality
· BS Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or related field.
· Candidates who are Registered Food Sanitarians are preferred.
To apply for this position, visit our website and use the opportunity code: WO69643
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org