Manager, QA and Food Safety – Los Angeles, CA
Position Summary: The Cheesecake Factory is a major player in the popular upper scale, casual dining restaurant and frozen food manufacturing industry. We are seeking an experienced Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager with experience in performing Audits of restaurants, food plants, suppliers, vendors, distributors and growers. This is a newly created position due to growth of our in-house quality assurance and food safety department. The Manager of QA and Food Safety will assist in developing, implementing and managing food safety and quality assurance policies, procedures and processes for the restaurants side of the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Reports to the VP of Food Safety & Quality Assurance and will coordinate projects as needed and support others within the group.
· Partner with 3rd party auditing groups to enhance the Cheesecake Factory auditing programs and elevate the restaurants' compliance with the Food Code and GMP.
· Work closely with CKOMs, ADOs and AKOMs on quality assurance, food safety, sanitation, pest control, Health Department inspections and other daily restaurant related issues.
· Maintain constant contact with the designated QA/FS person in each restaurant on issues related to food safety, sanitation compliance and various inspection audits.
· Coordinate with the restaurants and operations on all issues related to Health Department inspections and corrective actions.
· Develop and maintain database for various audits by health agencies and 3rd party organizations conducted in our restaurants and vendors/suppliers to track and identify any trend that can affect CCF QA and Food Safety program.
· Conduct inspections, as needed, of current and potential suppliers, processors, packers, produce growers and distributors to ensure compliance with CCF food safety and quality assurance standards and specifications.
· Conduct "High Risk" supplier audits and develop "Best Practices" to ensure CCF Brands are protected from public health events.
· Develop process improvements and explore new products/equipment that will help to "Build in" stronger food safety and quality system.
· Assist in investigating product quality failure and guest food safety complaints
· Act as a technical support resource to Restaurant Total Quality systems including recall program
· Collect and analyze supplier, guest and operator feedback to drive continuous improvements in the food safety area.
· Bachelor's degree in Food Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related field.
· 5+ years experience in food processing and/or restaurant
· 2-5 years of supervisory or project/process management experience.
· Strong technical knowledge and project management skills
· Capable of managing multiple and complex projects.
· Flexible, team player with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of management (corporate and field).
· Must be persuasive, diplomatic, and possess good problem-solving skills.
For more information about our company, go to: www.thecheesecakefactory.com. EOE
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org