Sr. Food Technologist – United States
Millions of times a day in over 80% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, many of which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Mountain Lakes, NJ, our $2.6B business employs more than 4,500 people in 19 sites around North America. We are a leader in the dry and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 9 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our brands include Duncan Hines, Aunt Jemima, Lenders Bagels and Vlasic just to name a few.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Independently plans and conducts multiple assigned project assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
Demonstrated proficiency in product development.
Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of plant equipment, plant processes and facilities.
Independently design and execute experiments and tests using recognized procedures.
Interpret test results and independently identify next steps.
Anticipate changing project needs and priorities.
Anticipate the needs of other functional departments to accomplish project objectives.
Act as a resource in training others and generating complete specifications utilizing on line specification system.
Handle multiple assignments.
Demonstrate technical competence across a range of product systems.
Maintain accurate and complete records.
Demonstrate initiative in seeking information and applications from outside resources.
Conduct and structure project presentations to department and brand management.
• Develop/formulate and implement products and processes.
• Determine project parameters to ensure anticipated product shelf life and maintain product quality.
• Pursue a number of simultaneous projects.
• Principal department resource for identifying and implementing new technologies.
• Ensure awareness of technical trends and their potential application to company product lines.
• BS/MS Food Science or equivalent
• Minimum 4 years food product development experience from bench top to production start up is required.
• Project Experience: Demonstrated success on multiple projects where they had a lead role in the technical development.
SKILLS/PROFICIENCIES: Proficient in MS Office
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All openings will be filled based on the qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sponsor, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or as a veteran of the Vietnam Era. All applicants are invited to complete the Affirmative Action Supplement.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org