Head of Food Safety - Amrop Knightsbridge
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Proudly Canadian, Amrop Knightsbridge is one of the leading executive search firms in Canada
with offices across Canada and partner offices around the globe. Amrop Knightsbridge is an
integral part of Knightsbridge Human Capital Solutions, Canada’s fastest growing human capital
management organization with a truly integrated platform that spans the entire employment
lifecycle from organizational development, talent search and selection, organizational productivity,
career management and career transition. Knightsbridge was recently honoured as one of the 50
Best Managed Companies in Canada. Further information about Amrop Knightsbridge is available
on our website at www.amropknightsbridge.ca.
Our client is large Canadian national grocery retailer with more than 1,300 stores across Canada.
A senior, national leadership role reporting to the Vice President and Chief of Operational
Compliance, the Head of Food Safety is charged with raising the food safety profile for this
organization. The Head of Food Safety must develop a solid working knowledge of the company
and have the ability to work as a business partner to support the needs of the organization as it
evolves. The individual will collaborate with the Directors of Food Safety in each of the five regions
to create a National Food Safety platform.
This is a mission critical area for this retailer. The individual will lead a National Food Safety
program working closely with each of five Regional Food Safety Leads. The mandate will require
the Head of Food Safety to work with retail, logistics and private labels groups to identify, assess
and develop industry-leading best practices, standardized processes and other initiatives that
support our client’s commitment to consistently providing safe food to its consumers. Essentially
the mandate spans ‘farm to fork’. The organization has established a National Food Safety
Taskforce and this individual will be an integral part of this group. The person will need to increase
access to global best practices and provide expertise in the area of food safety. In addition, the
individual will represent the organization on Government Committees and Sub-Committees.
The Head of Food Safety will be measured against his/her ability to:
· Develop & oversee implementation of strategic plans to ensure effective execution of Food
Safety standards & practices.
· Develop Food Safety standards, policies and guidelines nationally.
· Coordinate regional compliance to Food Safety objectives.
· Oversee product recall activity.
· Drive Food Safety improvement across the company.
· Integrate & Enhance Food Safety Standards end-to-end, Vendor to Consumer.
· Provide Technical Advice & Expertise to VP & Chief of Operational Compliance inclusive of
strategic/technical guidance related to emerging Food Safety issues.
· Ensure industry leading best practices are implemented and maintained across the company.
Required Skills, Qualifications, Experience
· Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food Engineering or related sciences.
· 10 or more years progressive work experience in food safety, quality assurance, or other
related areas within manufacturing, food retailing or foodservice for a business of similar size.
· Knowledge of both Canadian and Provincial regulatory requirements for food safety an asset.
· Proactive, big-picture thinker capable of translating the strategy into actions that deliver
· Experience implementing & communicating a structure of governance and reporting that
ensures the company minimizes food safety risks.
· Good collaborator with the ability to drive results working cross-functionally and across
· Proven project management skills with the ability to coordinate/lead multiple projects
· Highly developed communication skills (verbal and written).
· Able to manage roadblocks creatively and constructively.
· Develops/Identifies initiatives to reach targets, measures their impact and adjusts
appropriately to deliver results.
· Highly developed relationship and influencing skills as well as demonstrable success in
influencing people at all levels.
· Demonstrable knowledge of current and industry-leading global food safety standards and
Food safety is of critical importance to this organization. This individual, working with regional
professionals and corporate leaders, will create a program to harmonize and align food safety
across the vast network of stores and formats. The Head of Safety must be capable of translating
a complex scientific function into a practicable retail application without compromising integrity.
They must be grounded and business savvy.
If you are interested in applying for this unique opportunity, please send your resume in
confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com