Food Safety Representative East Coast – Dover, FL
Dover FL USA
To ensure the integrity and safety of Driscoll’s product
Work with Driscoll’s Food Safety Team, Growers, Regional Production teams,
and Cooler personnel to execute the Driscoll’s Food Safety Program in the
• Bachelor of Science degree required (preferably with emphasis on
microbiology and/or food science).
• 1-3 years’ experience in Agriculture with emphasis on Food Safety,
Microbiology, GAPs, and GMPs preferred.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills,
• Computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite
• Bilingual Spanish/English skills required.
• California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under
company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required.
• Requires moderate travel.
• Assist growers and facilities with implementation of the Food Safety
manuals. Provide trainings, follow up visits, and
general guidance for implementation.
• Execution of Driscoll’s Internal Food Safety Audit program. Schedule,
execute, and track audits; ensure completion of corrective actions.
• Work with certification bodies to execute third party audits. Schedule and
ensure completion of audits and corrective action follow up. Work with
certification bodies to resolve regional issues as needed.
• Work with the Regional Production department to compile ranch lists and
identify new growers and sites, and resolve regional issues as needed
• On boarding of new growers
• Obtain and process grower pesticide use reports.
• Working with the National Food Safety Training Manager, implement a
district training program for growers, facilities, and other Driscoll’s
• Execution of sampling program (micro and residue). Pull sample, track,
follow up, and take corrective action and conduct investigations where
• Track facilities and obtain third party audit certificates where necessary.
• Conduct risk assessments. As needed, conduct new site and water source risk
assessments. Perform, track, follow up, and ensure implementation of
corrective actions where necessary.
• Conduct mock recalls. Mock recalls will be conducted annually for all
facilities for which we schedule an audit.
• Attend grower meetings.
• Ensures the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information
• Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an
ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees,
government agencies, growers, customers, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work
performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the
job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad
responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop