We make it our mission at Sara Lee
to "Simply delight you...every day." Our brands make up one
of the world`s best-loved portfolios of innovative food, beverage,
household, and body care products. Our leading, trusted brands include
Ambi Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi,
Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo. Collectively, these brands generate nearly
$13 billion in annual net sales as they delight millions of consumers
every day in approximately 200 countries around the world. The global
Sara Lee team consists of 41,000 employees.
At Sara Lee, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals.
That`s why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of
your career. With the resources of a global corporation and direct
responsibility to make it happen, you can be confident that you`ll always
be able to perform your best and be recognized for it. At Sara Lee, the
difference is you.
The Sara Lee compensation program is designed to provide you with
comprehensive, flexible benefits that enable you to select those
features that best fit your needs. Our benefits include, but are not
limited to: medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, short and
long term disability, retirement plans, and tuition
Position will report into corporate headquarters located in Downers
Grove, Illinois with an option to be based in a field location if the
candidate resides near a centrally located major airport. Manage the
implementation and compliance with Sara Lee food safety requirements
for our suppliers and copackers. Work with suppliers and copackers on
food safety issue resolution and corrective actions. Work with plants,
R&D, and other internal customers to assure compliance with food
safety requirements of suppliers. Manage third party and internal food
safety audit and approval system for suppliers and copackers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Managing the Supplier and Copacker food safety program. Develop and
implement technical plans, clearly defining the critical issues and
approach to be used in resolving food safety issues.
* Conduct food safety reviews to grant approval status for new
suppliers and/or copackers
* Determine performance with existing suppliers and/or copackers.
* Develop and manage food safety auditing system using internal audits
and reviewing third party audits.
* Manage supplier/Copacker food safety approval process for consistency
across all lines of business.
* Work with R&D and Manufacturing on key food safety requirements
for suppliers and copackers. Define food safety testing requirements
and compliance guidelines for suppliers and copackers.
* Present persuasive presentations to management on recommendations.
* Bachelor Science Degree in food safety related field.
* Minimum five years experience in food safety
* Thorough understanding of food safety principles and food processing
* HACCP Certified required.
* Food Safety and Sanitation auditing experience required.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with internal
customers and external suppliers and copackers.
* SQF certification and experience preferred
* Ability to travel nationwide up to 75%.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer