Technologist, Food – Waverly, IA
* Conversion of formula requirements from the Anderson applications group, or
Glendale technical managers from general formulas into RTB kits and factory
* Evaluation of powder handling characteristics for both the individual
ingredients and the completed kits/premixes.
* Identification of ingredients or combinations that may create handling
issues, and recommendations for modifications to resolve those issue.
* Conduct Industrialization of all kits/premixes from the RTB's through
kit/premix production, and end use in Anderson or the contract manufacturer.
To include any and all trials.
* Develop, write and implement all specifications and testing procedures
related to the materials and kits/premixes. To include sensory testing
methods, references, and shelf life testing of the kits/premixes.
* Work with flavor and other ingredient suppliers to optimize the components
used in kit/premix manufacture.
* Maintain all documentation for kits/premixes to include formulas,
manufacturing instructions, and applicable registrations
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
BS degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year of experience in food ingredient evaluation and or
handling, or product development and industrialization.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Hands on experience with ingredients and formulation.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word and MS Excel