Food Science & Technology Direct – Carmel, IN
Heartland Sweeteners, LLC
Clay Terrace Blvd
Carmel, IN 46032 (Map it!
QA - Quality Control
least 5 year(s)
The Director of Food Science & Technology is responsible for
managing product development activities from concept through
commercialization. The successful candidate will design products and develop
formulas, procure and manage resources, evaluate scenarios and results, set
direction with a team, maintain databases and records.
Heartland Sweeteners, LLC is a rapidly growing leader in the production and
distribution of no calorie sweetener products to retail and food service
markets. Products include branded and private label tabletop sweeteners for
hot and cold beverages and granular tabletop sweetener for baking in a
variety of sizes and packages. Products are distributed throughout North
America and expanding into Europe, Central, and South America.
• Develop new products and line extensions.
• Design, interact and test work at food or beverage
• Conduct production scale-up and troubleshooting at
start-up of new food or
• Develop, maintain and improve sensory expertise by
focus groups and trained panel sensory product
testing; working with product
innovation team members to formulate new
consumer accepting products.
• Coordinate the tasks with Marketing, Quality
Assurance, Operations and
Purchasing to meet project goals and manage
• Participate in team and departmental activities
such as panels, meetings,
committees, administrative obligations (phone,
• Develop creative solutions for a wide range of
complex problems which
require a significant amount of ingenuity and
• Responsible to conduct yourself and subordinates
(if applicable) in a manner
consistent with company mission, values, code of
ethics, policies and other
standards of conduct.
Masters or PhD Food Science or Food Technology or
Years of Related
5+ years of research and development work,
formulating with natural and artificial
sweeteners and sugar alcohols.
• Respond quickly and effectively to changing project
needs and priorities.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Manage time efficiently and effectively
• Strong organization skills.
• Highest integrity in keeping with company values.