Job Number: nest-00018028
Research & Development
Safety - NPPC
JOB SUMMARY: Conduct food safety
evaluations and ensure that accurate and complete preliminary HACCP plans and
preliminary Quality Monitoring Schemes are developed for new
products/processes. Assist in the maintenance of the Nestle Quality
Management System in the Pilot Plant.
1. Organize and oversee research associated with the microbiological
stability/food safety of chilled products & ready to eat products.
2. Manage shelf life studies and communicate findings to management,
including writing and issuing reports as appropriate.
3. Assist project managers with the development of preliminary HACCP plans
& preliminary QMS plans.
4. Develop finish product specifications and release criteria for new
5. Drive implementation of NQMS Food Safety Management principles in the
6. Manage special projects associated with Food Safety/Quality Assurance.
7. Support NQMS initiatives
8. Support Knowledge Management process in sharing lessons learned with your
9. Validate new control measures to ensure the safety of new food products
10. Evaluate the validity of new and innovative antimicrobial processing
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education,
Experience, and Knowledge):
' Bachelor's degree in Food Microbiology, Microbiology or related science
field ¬(Advanced degree preferred).
' 2-3 years experience in a microbiological
laboratory or food processing facility.
' 2-3 years experience in conducting
microbiological safety evaluations and preliminary HACCP studies.
Chilled/frozen culinary product experience preferred.
' Excellent understanding of Food Microbiology
' Good understanding of USDA/FSIS, FDA regulations relative to prepared foods
(EFSA & CFIA experience beneficial)
' Good knowledge of HACCP and food safety issues
' Excellent communication skills
' Good project management and organizational skills
' Familiarity with factory quality assurance and manufacturing processes and
' Basic understanding of equipment hygienic design criteria
' Dynamic, pro-active attitude
' Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment within a