Food Safety Specialist
Sanitation, LLC (CFS), a division of Intralox,
L.L.C., a global provider of sanitation consulting to the food industry has
an opportunity for an individual with experience in Food Safety, Sanitation
and Quality. The candidate will work within CFS to provide expert,
world-class recommendations while working side by side with CFS customers to
implement those recommendations. This position is critical as CFS works with
global food processors who demand consistency in programs and food safety standards.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate in written and verbal
form with personnel at all levels of responsibility within an organization.
A high-level of technical ability is necessary in order for the candidate to
provide material input in the development of new sanitary designs of
equipment and facilities. He or she will also be considered the first line of
offense to recommend the best practices and procedures when working with food
processors or their suppliers on designs, chemicals, procedures, cleaning,
pathogen controls, allergen management and other food safety challenges.
Along with other food safety specialists in the company, he or she will serve
as an in-house expert for all things related to the use of our products in an
environment requiring a high-level of food safety.
CFS offers an
unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet
consistently growing company, with opportunities for international exposure,
continuous improvement, and career advancement. CFS is part of Laitram, L.L.C. which has been recognized for innovation
and workplace excellence, including the New Orleans CityBusiness
“Best Place to Work” award. For more information, visit www.intralox.com.
· B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field.
· Experience in plant cleaning or sanitation with a food manufacturing
· Experience in the food processing industry.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills, in both technical and
sales content, with all levels of personnel within a company.
· Excellent training and presentation skills and the ability to explain food
safety concepts to those not specialized in the field.
· Ability to set priorities, utilize and coordinate resources, and manage
projects from start to finish with little supervision
· Ability to effectively work on a team, either as a leader or member of the
· Solid understanding of Sanitation Concepts and the ability to interact with
Microbiologists, Sanitation Managers, Chemists, Engineers and Management.
· Knowledge of cleaning concepts, chemicals and the ability to work with
cleaning contractors and cleaning chemical companies.
· Knowledge of process control and general food manufacturing principles.
· Ability and desire to innovate and invent, to create and implement new
ideas and processes for sanitation.
· HACCP certification or knowledge.
· Experience writing test protocols and conducting tests.
· Desire to travel in the U.S. and internationally 60% of the time.