Food Safety and Compliance
Specialist – Anderson, IN
Job Number: nest-00026891
Relocation: Availability of relocation assistance for this position is
yet to be determined.
The factory Food Safety/Compliance Specialist, under the direction of the
Food Safety/Compliance Resource, provides direction / leadership in HACCP,
GMP, hygienic design programs. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of
food safety programs such as HACCP and prerequisite programs. This position
also requires effective communication skills to work with a variety of
cross-functional customers (QA, Operations, Engineers, Regulators) both
in-house and outside the Company to ensure the plant is aware of and
continuously improving overall food safety programs.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining the facility HACCP program.
This includes leading a cross functional HACCP team which is responsible for
the study, reviews, modifications and maintenance of site HACCP program.
Responsible for maintaining HACCP validation and verification. Responsible
for defining the sites OPRP (Operating prerequisite programs).
* Responsible for managing Anderson food safety consumer complaint
process/investigations and act as the main point of contact for both Anderson
and corporate communications and reporting. Responsible for managing continuous
improvement initiatives to reduce plant food safety complaint rates.
* Manage factory Food Safety Management Systems including routine internal
audits. This would include the management and communication of a formalized
CA process to drive continuous improvement.
* Responsible for establish and maintaining site GMP and Pre-requisite
policies. Develop and provide site food safety training programs.
* Occasional travel.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Food Science/Technology, Food
Sanitation, or comparable field required.
- Prefer individual with AIB/ASI or some other professional GMP/Sanitation
- Prefer individual has completed ISO 22000 training.
- Minimum of 5-7 years in Food Plant Sanitation
- Effective communicator with training and facilitation skills.
- Deep analytical skills and problem solving.
- Must be capable of working with minimal direct supervision and have strong
demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
- Strategic thinker
- Self-motivation and ability to work with people at all levels of the
- Computer skills to include proficiency with the Microsoft Office Software.
- Courage to take decisions or make choices, while ascertaining risks and
being conscious of their responsibilities.
- Proactive cooperation to work with others, demonstrating commitment to
achieve group objectives.
- Results focused to meet or exceed stretching performance objectives and
quality standards, deliver business results and continually find sustainable
improvements to methods and processes.
- Lead individuals and teams to make them believe in themselves and in what
they are doing, so they push their limits and are encouraged to outperform.