Food Scientist-FOR00225 – Fort Collins, CO
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 139,000 people in 65 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Canola Oils develops, produces and markets high-performance canola oils. Our business is backed by an intellectual property position in the genetic engineering of canola, and by a leading team of molecular biologists specializing in oil modification. We develop proprietary planting seeds, contract with growers in Canada and crush and refine canola into premium oils sold to food processors and the food service industry, as well as to other organizations for inedible uses. Limited amounts of high oleic sunflower oil are also produced by our Specialty Canola Oils group.
A position is open for a talented individual with qualified professional experience in chemistry or/and food science to join our Product Development Group. As a member of the team, you will provide support to, and be part of, the Specialty Canola Oil research and development team tasked with developing healthy oils solutions at Cargill’s Fort Collins research location. Hard-working individuals with a passion for learning and desire to improve consumer wellness are encouraged to apply. The chosen candidate will have a working knowledge of food science techniques to support product development as well as execute sensory tests.
· Support sensory tests per study plan and instruction
· Clean and maintain sensory laboratory, product development lab and storeroom facilities up to food safety standards
· Prepare and serve samples for testing.
· Maintain sensory documentation
· Blend edible fats and oils for application experiments
· Conduct routine instrumental analysis following standard and official methods
· Document routine laboratory tests on food products, and oils
· Assist scientists with other delegated tasks.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
· Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Food Science or related field
· Able to conduct sensory analysis and other routine tasks independently
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Ability to lift 50 lb routinely
· MS in Food Science
· Minor in Statistics
· Sensory experience in food research and development
· Experience with SIMS2000 software
· Food safety, and/or food operations experience
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com