Associate Food Scientist-WIC02188 - Wichita, KS
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 139,000 people in 65 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Shared Services - Research and Development has an opportunity available for an Associate Food Scientist position, located in Wichita, KS. The successful candidate will support the Research and Development teams by conducting research projects in the facility, understanding customer needs and participating in facility tasks and Pilot Plant operations. This position has a primary designation to one team, but collaboration with other R&D teams is required. This position will also conduct research aligned with business needs for purposes of new product development, new process development, technical sales support and trouble shooting. Research can include the entire process from conceptualization to commercialization or segments of the process.
Typical duties include assembly / disassembly of equipment, logging in raw materials, maintaining HACCP logs, processing meat products, shipping samples and maintaining plant and facility cleanliness/orderliness. In addition, non-routine tasks are included such as product preparation in the kitchen, submission of lab samples, and conducting shelf life testing.
· 40% - Research and develop innovative customer focused new products, services and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products, including performing processing and operational duties in the pilot plant
· 15% - Commercialization of new products
· 15% - Assist our customers to be successful through technical assistance, product development and improvement of existing products
· 10% - Assist other pilot plant employees with processing and operational duties for their respective teams
· 10% - Conduct facility tasks (maintaining/ stocking areas of facility, inventory management)
· 10% - Conduct other duties as required
· Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Meat Science or related degree or equivalent experience in food/meat science, culinary arts, hotel/restaurant management or food processing
· An understanding of scientific procedures and project management skills
· Data analysis, design of experiments and technical writing skills
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools - Outlook, Word, Excel
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Previous experience in retail and/or foodservice operations
· Previous experience with statistical software.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org