Quality Assurance Supervisor - Dairy Plant – City of Industry, CA
Quality Assurance Supervisor - Dairy Plant
City Of Industry, CA
The Quality Assurance Supervisor directly supervises lab employees to maximize productivity of assigned shifts and areas at the highest quality and food safety standards. This includes training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating weekly Continuous Improvement (CI) meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all established CI processes and the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
· Works with plant management and other supervisory staff to maximize quality and productivity.
· Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for product quality, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines.
· Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications.
· Coordinates schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
· Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
· Ensures coordination of regular CI meetings.
· Analyzes and resolves work, quality and food safety problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
· Maintains quality and food safety records.
· Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
· Provides supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
· Trains and instructs employees regarding quality and food safety standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
· Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following Company policies, standards and specifications.
· Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a science-based area of study preferred, or a minimum of 2 years plant experience.
· Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
· Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
· Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
· Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
· Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com