Food Safety/Factory Hygienist-13002440 – Fort Wayne, IN
Job Purpose Statement: The factory hygienist, under the direction of the Manager, Facility QA, provides direction / leadership in GMP, sanitation, Pest Control and hygienic design programs. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of sanitation/GMP principles, methods, and technology. This position also requires effective communication skills to work with a variety of cross-functional customers (QA, Operations, Engineers, Regulators) both in-house and outside the Company to ensure the plant is aware of and continuously improving overall plant sanitation. Support NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence) Pillar initiatives. Actively participate in NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence) including participation on special FI Teams (Focused Improvement Teams or projects).
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
· Develop, validate, implement, and maintain the factory sanitation program to ensure all products are manufactured in a sanitary and wholesome environment. The sanitation program must include the facility environment (internal/external) as well as the processing and supporting equipment. When fully implemented, the program should have validated SSOP's for all sanitation needs.
· Effective/efficient cleaning frequency is managed through an MSS. Coordination activities with sanitation manager and operations required to ensure the consistent use of the program procedures. This cleaning program must comply with Nestlé internal policies and procedures, as well as with any regulatory (Federal, State, Local) requirements. The hygienist will also be a primary contact with 3rd-party Sanitation partner and ensure that joint factory specific objectives are established and achieved.
· Implementation of Nestle Programs to ensure support and compliance to NQMS, focusing on FSMS (ISO22000) and PAS220. Duties to include routine program verifications (internal audits/assessments).
· Ensure that an Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM) is developed, implemented, and maintained to support a pest-free environment. The hygienist must be knowledgeable and trained in IPM principles. As manager of this program, the hygienist will be the primary contact with 3rd-party Pest Control partner and ensure that joint factory specific objectives are established and achieved.
· Develop, implement, and maintain factory allergen control programs. This will include the development and completion of allergen cleaning validations where appropriate.
· The hygienist will provide leadership/direction in establishing an effective process to ensure proactive input on sanitary design issues at the factory for existing and new processes as well as the factory structure.
· Coordinate and manage factory Sanitation/GMP/Regulatory inspection and audit program. Act as the main point of contact for all external audits (NQS, regulatory, 3rd-party) as well as coordinate internal GMP inspections/audit program. This would include the management and communication of a formalized CA process to drive continuous improvement.
· Coordinate training and development of employees in the area of sanitation, GMP, Pest Control, allergens, and hygienic engineering.
· Active member of the factory HACCP team. Duties to include routine HACCP plan verifications.
· Active member of the factory Food Safety team.
· Effective communicator with training, facilitation, and supervisory skills. Must have ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving.
· Must be capable of working with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
· Ability to develop and implement strategic objectives.
· Self-motivation and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to work well as a team member as well as individually to accomplish goals.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
· Effective communication (oral and written).
· Strong leadership skills. Possibility of having direct supervisory responsibility for some salary and/or hourly employees. Direct management for PCO and Sanitation 3rd party partners.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Food Science/Technology, Food Sanitation, or comparable field required.
· Minimum of 5 years in Food Manufacturing environment.
· Prefer individual with Micro background and pest control knowledge in a food manufacturing environment.
· Prefer individual with AIB/ASI or some other professional GMP/Sanitation training.
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· Results focus
· Service Orientation
· Proactive Cooperation
Nestlé USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment. EOE M/F/D/V
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
US-Indiana-Fort Wayne-Fort Wayne
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com